I had to do it. I ordered a J Rockett Dude today.

riffy

I have listened and listened. It does sound "Dumbly" to me in its midrange and low end. It also has that chirp... It seems to do much more than just Dumble sounds, though. Ratio cranked up, it sounds like a really, really hot-rodded Fender to me... Which I like much. When he gets here, we will see what we will see. I will try to do a few clips of it too if you all don't mind.

Gary

PS. Oh yes, The Dude abides.

petty1818

I have listened and listened. It does sound "Dumbly" to me in its midrange and low end. It also has that chirp... It seems to do much more than just Dumble sounds, though. Ratio cranked up, it sounds like a really, really hot-rodded Fender to me... Which I like much. When he gets here, we will see what we will see. I will try to do a few clips of it too if you all don't mind.

Gary

PS. Oh yes, The Dude abides.

I am wanting one as well but every time I hear a demo, I can't get past the hi-fi tones. I read a review on Tone Report where the reviewer stated that the pedal is pretty useless past 12 o'clock on the treble knob. I can't find the review now but apparently it gets very bright with an ice pick type high end. I also remember a thread on the dude being bright. I worry that it will be a bad match for my strat.

JackStraw12

Silver Supporting Member
I had one for a month or two and really liked it. I have two amps that cover that area for me so I moved it on. Great pedal all around though.

Matt L

I am wanting one as well but every time I hear a demo, I can't get past the hi-fi tones. I read a review on Tone Report where the reviewer stated that the pedal is pretty useless past 12 o'clock on the treble knob. I can't find the review now but apparently it gets very bright with an ice pick type high end. I also remember a thread on the dude being bright. I worry that it will be a bad match for my strat.

You need to try one with your rig, because that review is completely wrong as far as my experience. It does have a lot of volume on tap (unity is around 9-o'clock for me). I keep the treble around noon-2'oclock, and there is no icepick. Excess treble never entered my mind with this pedal, at all. I know the term is overused, but it really is a very amplike pedal. Tons of low end and girth. Just a really satisfying overdrive pedal, one of the best I've used for all-around playing. It's far more than just a Dumble clone.

Lespaulsignature 74

Gold Supporting Member
I just watched/listened to several demo's and it sounds as good as any D style OD I've heard! However not one demo with a single coil guitar other than P90's. I would really like to hear it with a Strat......

riffy

Has anyone compared it to a real Dumble? Ah, who am I kidding...

Not me. I have never played a real Dumble. I have been in the hall when they were BEING played though.
Heard Larry Carlton's and Sonny Landreth's. THEY made them sound awesome. But again, THEY would make anything sound awesome anyway!

TrickinSid

I've never played a Dumble...nor the pedal you bought.

Sorry to derail your thread riffy - but - if that is your guitar in your avatar?

I LOVE IT and I am jealous.

Had a Baby Dean back in the day and loved it - lusted after the Cadillac, but never bought one.

Carry on dudes.

riffy

Darn it, the poster of the video seems to have removed it. It was a Simble done left channel, right channel comparison with a real Dumble amp.
I will see if I can find it.

riffy

I've never played a Dumble...nor the pedal you bought.

Sorry to derail your thread riffy - but - if that is your guitar in your avatar?

I LOVE IT and I am jealous.

Had a Baby Dean back in the day and loved it - lusted after the Cadillac, but never bought one.

Carry on dudes.

Yes sir it is mine. Just not my pic of it... I love the OLD DEAN guitars. Fine instruments!

riffy

Yes, I read that review in Tone Report and have totally discounted it from my opinion. It is the only thing I have
seen period that describes it that way. All the video evidence I have seen discount it as well.

tkroeger

Love mine and sounds really fat. Very amplike. You would really have to try to make it too bright...and you can if that's' what you want. FAT!!

I bought it not because of the clone factor but just because it's a good overdrive.

sinasl1

I just watched/listened to several demo's and it sounds as good as any D style OD I've heard! However not one demo with a single coil guitar other than P90's. I would really like to hear it with a Strat......
I use a Tele in my demo, I tend to like tones that some would consider bright (because I believe you need some highs to cut in a mix) but you can hear when I work the treble control there's lots of range there.

GuitarToma

I got mine as soon as they came out. I showed up to practice with it and as soon as I started playing the other guitar player stopped me and asked what I had changed. He said it sounded like I had started playing through a stack. I play through a Matchless Lightning 1x12. It's really big sounding, yet stays tight & articulate.

GuitarToma

I use a Tele in my demo, I tend to like tones that some would consider bright (because I believe you need some highs to cut in a mix) but you can hear when I work the treble control there's lots of range there.

Pete - your playing truly inspires me. Big fan here. You have such a cool blend of styles; chicken-pickin, shred, hard rock, then you throw in some jazzy scales. I could listen to you all day.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom