I hated delay but the TC Flashback converted me.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rock Steady, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Rock Steady

Rock Steady Member

Im in love with delay now (ive owned others before) but the flashback sealed the deal for me. This pedal is just absolutely amazing and I cant seem to turn it off. I've been playing with it all day.

2. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Have you tried any toneprints yet? The Beck tape + Thorn mod is my favorite right now. Great pedal!

3. Led Sabblin

Led Sabblin Member

I just got one a few weeks ago. I like it as well. I wish I had a parallel fx loop in one of my amps so I could use the kill dry. Are there any good youtube vids of this function. The looper is my biggest complaint. I posted another thread about it; the way the level control is in loop mode. The reverse is good but i think the DL4 is slighlty better. I haven't messed with the tone print thinks its kinda of useless but can't judge because they are setup to work on whatever gear they're using and not what I have

4. strombie

strombie Member

Loving the Flashback. Traded my Nova Repeater to get.
    PROS: Great tone, nice variety of delay styles, small footprint, and the toneprints are actually pretty darn cool! Andy PGS Echoplex delay is oh so good.
    CONS: Looper isn't the greatest (level control issue as noted previously), no true tap tempo (not THAT big of a deal though), eats batteries.

5. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

For the looper, turn the Level knob all the way up. Now turn your guitar volume down halfway (you may not even hear the guitar while recording but playback will be fine). After recording, then when playing back and jamming... turn your guitar volume back up all the way. Not perfect for sure, but allows me to use it. Biggest challenge is no quantize and clicking in/out.

6. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I dumped a DD7 and a Nova Repeater for my FB... it's a super sounding delay. I live on the 2290 setting for U2 stuff and I like the LoFi setting too.

7. ken374

ken374 Member

there delays are great, just bought there reverb pedal:)

8. King Loudness

King Loudness Member

I liked my Flashback... good little delay. Had some nice features for sure. That being said, I ultimately found myself wishing for a more true tape echo sound, so I sold it and bought a Strymon El Capistan which is more my speed. However, for the cash the FB can't be beaten.

W.

9. Rock Steady

Rock Steady Member

Im having issues downloading the toneprints. Everything I tried doesnt work. Can anybody help me?

10. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Different web browser perhaps? I use Firefox and have no probs. Make sure you insert your email address where it asks.

I quite like the new 'Munky from Korn' Flashback TP, even though we couldn't be more different as players. what's everyone else digging?

11. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

+1 on Thorn..... it self oscillates!

But for the love of all that is sweet flashback goodness..... why..... why..... cant I make my own Toneprints!!!!????????

I mean sure.... nice to see all the cool faces on the toneprint page.... great for marketing blah blah blah....... but at the end of the day as a user I would rather make my own tweaks rather than sift through a hundred toneprints only to find none are what I was looking for?

And I am not saying TC needs to open the vault.... just one or two params per model to have a modicum of shaping ability??????

\rant

Apologies to OP for rant..... yes, the pedal does sound very nice! Got one on my board!!!!

12. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

i was talking to one of their staff at namm, and i'm pretty sure this is on their radar.

13. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

My request would be a patch for a real analog delay that thickens the low strings and adds more mids.

14. MattNgai

MattNgai Member

Try when you plug your pedal in before hand, hold down the switch and set it on the tone print mode. Then you need to download the latest firmware and install it using that.

15. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I just got one last week out of the emporium and I am also pleasantly surprised and impressed. I have had quite a few delays and the FB is very nice.
    My favorite analog delay is my AD900, but I really like the 2290, analog, and tape settings on the FB.
    You could easily accomplish just about any delay task with this thing, except for real tape-like modulation. I also just repurchased a Skreddy Echo because it has the most beautiful modulated repeats. I sold my El Capistan and went back to the Echo.