I have 2 DD-3s, should I get a DD-5?

dudinka

I believe my two "Big chip" MIJ DD-3s are better sounding than the DD-5, but I think I could use a tap tempo...

what do you think?
Does the DD-5 sound as good as those DD-3s?

are there different versions of the DD-5 I should check?

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
DD7 you can have an external pedal for tap tempo. It's the DD6 that you can't.

And either, imho, blows the DD3 away. I would never use a 3 again.

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Keep a DD3 and sell one for a DD-5 or DD-7. DD-7s are ideal in terms of functionality. But IMO, I think the DD-5 sounds just a tad better. That would be something you'd notice as a musician however. It's not anything that the audience can tell.

thudle

DD-5 is definitely the way to go. It's a shame they discontinued that pedal. I've been using two of them for the past several years, and love them. Easy to use and sound great.

sjt0701

I had a dd-7 and swapped it out for a dd-20. i honestly think it sounds the best, plus it has way more options, the most important being 4 memory settings you can call up with the pedal, so you can have basically 4 presets for on the fly switching. i use the two pedals onboard for on/off and preset switching, and ive got a footswitch hooked up for tap tempo, but you can set the second pedal or the footswitch for whatever function you like. as i said, i also think it sounds better than the dd-7 but thats obviously subjective. i got my dd-20 for around 160 new, which is about what youll pay for a dd-7.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Keep a DD3 and sell one for a DD-5 or DD-7. DD-7s are ideal in terms of functionality. But IMO, I think the DD-5 sounds just a tad better. That would be something you'd notice as a musician however. It's not anything that the audience can tell.
I agree- in my case though I kept one of the DD-2's (same as big chip DD-3) and got a DD-7 for all the other functions, great combo. Never had a chance to try a DD-5, but the DD-2 is the perfect sounding digital delay to me.

dudinka

thanks guys.

Why should I get a DD-5 over the DD-7?
the DD-5 isn't MIJ, big chipp'd, etc.
shouldn't the DD-7 be an improvement?
am I missing something?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom