• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I have 2 DD-3s, should I get a DD-5?

dudinka

I believe my two "Big chip" MIJ DD-3s are better sounding than the DD-5, but I think I could use a tap tempo...

what do you think?
Does the DD-5 sound as good as those DD-3s?

are there different versions of the DD-5 I should check?

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
DD7 you can have an external pedal for tap tempo. It's the DD6 that you can't.

And either, imho, blows the DD3 away. I would never use a 3 again.

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Keep a DD3 and sell one for a DD-5 or DD-7. DD-7s are ideal in terms of functionality. But IMO, I think the DD-5 sounds just a tad better. That would be something you'd notice as a musician however. It's not anything that the audience can tell.

thudle

DD-5 is definitely the way to go. It's a shame they discontinued that pedal. I've been using two of them for the past several years, and love them. Easy to use and sound great.

sjt0701

I had a dd-7 and swapped it out for a dd-20. i honestly think it sounds the best, plus it has way more options, the most important being 4 memory settings you can call up with the pedal, so you can have basically 4 presets for on the fly switching. i use the two pedals onboard for on/off and preset switching, and ive got a footswitch hooked up for tap tempo, but you can set the second pedal or the footswitch for whatever function you like. as i said, i also think it sounds better than the dd-7 but thats obviously subjective. i got my dd-20 for around 160 new, which is about what youll pay for a dd-7.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Keep a DD3 and sell one for a DD-5 or DD-7. DD-7s are ideal in terms of functionality. But IMO, I think the DD-5 sounds just a tad better. That would be something you'd notice as a musician however. It's not anything that the audience can tell.
I agree- in my case though I kept one of the DD-2's (same as big chip DD-3) and got a DD-7 for all the other functions, great combo. Never had a chance to try a DD-5, but the DD-2 is the perfect sounding digital delay to me.

dudinka

thanks guys.

Why should I get a DD-5 over the DD-7?
the DD-5 isn't MIJ, big chipp'd, etc.
shouldn't the DD-7 be an improvement?
am I missing something?

Trending Topics