• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I have $500 what do I get?

RockDC

I don't need any pedals. I have lots of gear but I was given $500 to spend on gear for Christmas and saving is not an option. I can add money to it though.

This is an idea of what I have:

You can also add a Jazzmaster, Epiphone Sheraton II with bigsby, Squier CVC Tele, and Fender Stratocaster

As far as amps: Marshall 2204, Egnater Tweaker, Vox AC15c1TV, & Fender Blues Jr. III

I'm leaning towards a Cobain Jaguar or a Flying V. Also debating on a 18w Marshall Clone.

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: I do have 3 Acoustics & a mandolin. 2 Taylors, a Takamine, and a Morgan Monroe

Last edited:

MikeFM

Looks like you have everything pretty much covered. Is there any upgrades (i.e. pickups, etc) that you had been considering? With $500 that's what I would focus on.

Unless you don't want a strat, that's what I see missing. Even one of the classic vibe strats would add a different set of tone and feel to your otherwise fine collection.

RockDC

Unless you don't want a strat, that's what I see missing. Even one of the classic vibe strats would add a different set of tone and feel to your otherwise fine collection.
I've bought and sold about a dozen strats and just can't seem to find one I want to keep...

Most of your guitars pictured are more than $500... in some cases much more. If strats aren't your thing... then it seems like you've got a lot of ground covered with what you have. So maybe a new guitar isn't the way to go. Maybe a new effect or other pedal, or perhaps a smaller amp to use when your big amp setup is more than you need?

There's always LESSONS. :)

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
I've wanted one for a longtime but know its real impractical...
Impractical? Not at all! Plays great when sitting, doesn't need a stand, extremely affordable, sounds and plays awesome! The only drawbacks that I can imagine is the way it hangs, but I love the way it hangs, and the dual humbuckers if you're not into humbuckers.

Get one from a shop where you can try before you buy or online with a good return policy and you're set!

You need a large tube amp combo with tons of headroom. Get a Twin of some sort, used; even the newer Reissues will be fine.

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
If you'd like to get into recording, spend the $500 on a Suhr reactive load and some OwnHammer IRs. Yea, this is the guitar area, but if you don't want a Strat, put the $500 to better use.

Or get some nice track lighting to show off that wall.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom