I have a boss ps 6 harmonizer and need advice where to place in massive chain

arnold_palmer

Hello!

My board has almost no room to experiment with different placement, so I was hoping for some opinions on placement of the harmonizer.

I have no fx loop

Chain: Chain: Boss Tuner - Optical Compressor - MXR Mico Amp - Tubescreamer - English Muff'n - Marshall Shredmaster clone - Boss Hyper fuzz - modded Boss EQ - Phase 90 with R28 mod - Small Clone Chorus - Maxon AD-01(analog delay) - Boss EQ - Mooer Reecho(delay) - Boss DD-5 - LPB-1

Note: I use the 2 eq's for 2 different profiles and sometimes combined, so I would like to keep them in that chain and order.

Thank you in advance!

Belmont

I have one and place it after dirt and before time/mod effects.
it can work before dirt as well, I don't think it's super sensitive to placement.

crowquill

It'll work fine before or after dirt but the sound will be a bit different. After dirt, the pitch shifted signal will stay more distinct from the dry signal - like 2 guitars playing together. Before dirt, the two sounds can get more blended together - like 1 guitar playing a 2 note chord or 1 guitar with weird harmonic content. The effect of this is more apparent the more distorted your tone is.

Try putting it after some dirt pedals but before others and you can see for yourself and have the option of both

AnalogKid85

Hello!

My board has almost no room to experiment with different placement, so I was hoping for some opinions on placement of the harmonizer.

I have no fx loop

Chain: Chain: Boss Tuner - Optical Compressor - MXR Mico Amp - Tubescreamer - English Muff'n - Marshall Shredmaster clone - Boss Hyper fuzz - modded Boss EQ - Phase 90 with R28 mod - Small Clone Chorus - Maxon AD-01(analog delay) - Boss EQ - Mooer Reecho(delay) - Boss DD-5 - LPB-1

Note: I use the 2 eq's for 2 different profiles and sometimes combined, so I would like to keep them in that chain and order.

Thank you in advance!
What will you be using it for? Whammy? Detune? Harmony?

vadsy

I recently bought a PS6 and never having one of these before or anything really similar I tried it in a few spots and it seems that it works best before delays and modulation. I think the less signal it has to track and process the better it sounds. I didn't really find a difference if it was before or after the dirt but decided to leave it after so it sits in the middle of the chain for now.

partytrain

Presently, my PS6 is the first on my board. I experimented moving it around a bit, and honestly, the differences weren't enough for me to do a full rearrangement, so I just dropped it first.

vadsy

Presently, my PS6 is the first on my board. I experimented moving it around a bit, and honestly, the differences weren't enough for me to do a full rearrangement, so I just dropped it first.
A few folks I've talked to mentioned it should be first, they were considering the Digitech Whammy in comparison. It didn't make a difference quality of sound wise until I put it before the delays and vibe, it sounded like a mess prior to doing that, before or after dirt didn't seem to make a difference.

Trending Topics