I have a confession to make: Tyler Custom Order!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by tradarama, Mar 9, 2006.

1. tradarama

tradarama www.PRIMEGUITARS.com Silver Supporting Member

Ok I just ordered a custom Tyler. Not sure I've seen one like this so I'm dying to get it. I ordered the Studio Elite HD in Mahogany! I was surprised that they agreed to do it with no upcharge and no hassle. Got Burning Water w/ no orange and the unfinished arm rest. Can't wait!

2. Unburst

Unburst Member

Sounds very cool, congrats!

3. John Bell

John Bell Supporting Member

Got my first Tyler on Wednesday.I've put it down to sleep.It's that good.Forget all you've learned about other boutique guitars and they're never ending list of "specs". Tyler has changed my way of thinking.Two player friends of mine Jeff Bober and Dave Barber have both played my guitar and gave the same reaction."OMG!! this thing is incredible!!" My only regret is that I hadn't bought one sooner.

4. michael.e

michael.e Silver Supporting Member

What is it that you are experiencing when playing your Tyler that you are not feeling/hearing/getting from your other S types? I am asking because when I regroup enough to purchase another guitar, I am seriously looking at a Tyler. This intention is based off of the info that I have been reading on the net.

M.E.

5. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Member

Tylers are unreal. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz on this board about them. I've had my eye on a Lemon Schmear LA Studio Classic at Boutique Guitar Exchange for a while. 4 grand retail is definitely a tough pill to swallow for a boutique strat, but man, they are soooo sweet. They got the right hardware, fit and finish, and sound, and they're extremely versatile with a bridge humbucker. Plus they're beautiful, aside from the ugly headstock. Which is probably an anti-lawsuit necessity.

Congrats on your new toy.

6. tradarama

Can't wait for it to come. Pics will follow.

7. ChicagoFraize

ChicagoFraize Member

Congrats on your order. You will no doubt love your Tyler. What is the current lead time on custom orders? Mine arrived 2 months to the day when I ordered it back in 2004.

CF

8. tradarama

I have heard roughly 3 months.

9. ChicagoFraize

ChicagoFraize Member

I think they told me ~ 3 mos. at the time but that some had been as quick as 2 months. Mine came in 2!!

10. JPenn

JPenn Member

I ordered an SE HD-P last summer and was told 3-4 months. There ended up being a mix up on my order and the one I have came up for sale here the same week.:cool:

11. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Congratulations on your Custom Tyler order!
    That will definately be a sweet guitar. Tylers are "Da Bomb", absolutely! Great playing and sounding guitars.

12. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure it will sound great. but Mahogany can be really heavy! I'm sure they'll pick the right piece.
    My main Tele is a hollow mahogany and I build a solid one (super heavy like a LP) and now going to work on a hollow mahogany. Love the way that stuff sounds.