I have a great strat and Tele

Glowing Tubes

Silver Supporting Member
So why do I want another strat? :jo. I fail to understand why I am jonesing so bad for another strat when my Senn is so utterly fantastic.

It would make sense to get a totally different type of build. I don't bond with humbucker guitars and they always end up getting sold. Something with P90s?
Even then, a strat just feels right in my hands.

What can I do to make a second strat different enough to justify it?

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I want a second strat too. My current strat is based off of an early 60's slab board in Sherwood Green. I want to add a hard tail with a CBS headstock in CAR, maybe with Comp stripes.

scott520

Silver Supporting Member
Nah, that's not wrong at all. I'd probably have 10 strats and/ teles around if I could afford them. Different pickup combos, different bridge options, different finishes, different tone woods, different scale lengths, different radius, nut width...... I may have a problem :D

kenneth

Many ways to justify.

Different tunings.
Different pickups, active, passive, hot, vintage, lipstick, etc
Different fingerboard material
Different trem/hardtail/two post/vintage style

Finally, the one that I always fall for: Color.

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
I know what you mean and I went through a stage of owning about 35 guitars...mostly S types. I got tired of it all though and sold all but one strat.

Then I bought a great Tele and then a Suhr T Jr. (mahogany with S90s and silent system) and a PWE (Ted Stevenson) HSS S type. I'll probably sell the PWE because I don't need a humbucker guitar. I find I can cover all my tonal bases with a SSS strat, a Tele and a P90 equipped Tele (which is becoming my favorite).

My suggestion is to give a P90 equipped T type a try. This video of Greg Koch with a Suhr T Jr. is what made me buy one.

(I still want a black with maple board Suhr S type. Do I need it? No...sheesh.)

M

Member 37136

I've never understood why someone would have two of the same guitar when so many other flavors are out there. I realize that all Strats don't sound the same, but they all sound "Stratty" to me.

Get a P-90 guitar! Or a P-90 Strat! :idea

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
My wife always says, "the heart wants what the heart wants."

... if you want another Strat, follow you heart. :)

Peace,

bluesking55

Fralin wound me some single size p90's, he said i could return em if i didnt like em.Installed em in a strat.. did i return em? nope perfect

terrapin

Fralin wound me some single size p90's, he said i could return em if i didnt like em.Installed em in a strat.. did i return em? nope perfect
Lindy wound you some "strat size" P-90's??? PLEASE tell me more! You can PM me if you feel inclined so we don't steal this Thread.

Monotremata

Why is it I have the most perfect Classic 60s Tele, yet I want like 3 more, plus an Esquire or two, a couple Classic 50s Teles, etc??

Hmm I could probably use a couple more Strats too..

ahltarocka

Silver Supporting Member
I have two Strats and they are completely different because I swapped out the original pickus in each axe. In one I have Duncans SL's and the other Duncan Antiquity. I prefer Rosewood Fretboard so I changed one of them that had a Maple board and bought a custom made Fretboard from Musikraft. Love both. One is a beautiful Chrome Blue and the other is a beautiful Antique off white. They both ROCK!!!

fewlio

I know what you mean and I went through a stage of owning about 35 guitars...mostly S types. I got tired of it all though and sold all but one strat.

Then I bought a great Tele and then a Suhr T Jr. (mahogany with S90s and silent system) and a PWE (Ted Stevenson) HSS S type. I'll probably sell the PWE because I don't need a humbucker guitar. I find I can cover all my tonal bases with a SSS strat, a Tele and a P90 equipped Tele (which is becoming my favorite).

My suggestion is to give a P90 equipped T type a try. This video of Greg Koch with a Suhr T Jr. is what made me buy one.

(I still want a black with maple board Suhr S type. Do I need it? No...sheesh.)
That vid makes me want to burn one :bonk

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I've now got 2 strats and 2 teles. I'm happier that way. When I was gigging, I always wanted a backup. My two strats are alder/rosewood, but I now keep one of them tuned to D standard. My two teles are different - one is alder/pau ferro with steel saddles, the other is ash/maple with brass saddles. The second has a minibucker. They're similar enough where I could get through a gig with either one of them, but different enough that they get me out of a rut when I switch between them.

Two strats? Gopherit! But IMHO, they should be slightly different, but both good or one of them is just going to be a case queen. Maybe set one of them up with lipstick pickups, or a bridge bucker, or 3 P-90-ish pickups T-Bone style.

Gclef

I have a parts strat hardtail and a parts tele. Is it bad that I want to retrofit a tele bridge on the strat? My optimum would be a combo of the two.

Trending Topics