1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

I have a question about the ES Gibsons

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jollygreen, May 21, 2011.

1. jollygreen

jollygreen Member

I bought a new Gibson ES 335 in Feb, 2009. It had a tag of something like $2400/$2500. I talked the guy down to $1800.

It's a red glossy finish with dots on the fretboard. No frills. The booklet of authenticity says "custom" then has the serial numbers.

Here's my question. Which guitar is it on Gibson's website?

Is it the plain gloss dot?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Custom/ES-335-Dot-Plain-Gloss.aspx

That particular model has a MSRP of $3889.

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of trading it at the Guitar Center for a tobacco burst 339.

2. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

Seems like Plain Dot Gloss. If the top is kinda flamed then its the figured top.

3. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Likely right on the particular model.

You got a really great price buying new.
    You'd probably end up with $900. to $1200 if fortunate at GC for a trade in.

Sell it outright.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  4. sonic_777111

sonic_777111 Member

Yeah, Guitar Center don't pay much for used gear. I feel sorry for the guy whose old Artcore I bought for $150...