I have a strat with 2 7/32 saddles yet I foudn a set that is even bigger. Whats up?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by sidehatch, Feb 14, 2009.

1. sidehatch

sidehatch Member

I have a vintage strat bridge that I just got new saddles for they are kts that are 2 7/32. I compared these to mexican strat and gotoh japan and both saddles were much smaller. I was going thru my stuff and found a set of allparts saddles that are much wider than my Us spacing.

What are they? I thought the US 2 7/32 was the standard big saddle.

I bought them years ago and they didnt fit that particular strat(I've never seen a strat they sould fit-not even my real vintage strat). I thought I just had smaller mexican strat saddles and threw them in the box.

So far I know of 4 sizes.

JApanese narrow
    Mexican middle
    US 2 7/32
    and these big wide vintage saddles.

Whats the deal?

Thanks for any understanding you can give me!

Shane

2. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I thought 2 7/32 was the widest Strat saddles. Must be from another kind of guitar.

3. sidehatch

sidehatch Member

I went by the shop this morning that sells them and its an allparts package that says strat saddles for a vintage strat.

Im going to take a pic today of each mexican, standard US spacing and these wide ones. Maybe someone can shed some light on them.

4. sidehatch

sidehatch Member

[​IMG]
    left: Mexican strat, middle: allparts USA 2&7/32 ,right allparts vintage strat spacing.

The right allparts set wont fit on any of my fenders-even my vintage strats. It wont fit on a callaham bridge either. I thought I was losing my mind when i bought these and tried to install them. They have been sitting around for months now . I wish I knew what they were intended for.