I have an extra Strat neck what do I do with it? Do a build?

M

Member 20177

I put together a 50's style Clapton carve neck w/medium jumbos while I was getting my Clapton re-fretted. I just put the factory neck back on the Clapton and I have a bunch of parts laying around. I'm thinking of getting a Paulownia body and building a lightweight Clapton partscaster. Maybe too much work and expense...? Put the neck back on the Clapton? Or just sell it?

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
I put together a 50's style Clapton carve neck w/medium jumbos while I was getting my Clapton re-fretted. I just put the factory neck back on the Clapton and I have a bunch of parts laying around. I'm thinking of getting a Paulownia body and building a lightweight Clapton partscaster. Maybe too much work and expense...? Put the neck back on the Clapton? Or just sell it?
"Hey, I found a pickup mounting spring under my couch! I think I'll get a new body, neck, pickups and hardware to go with it!"

Ncp10

Go a little at a time, could be a fun build. I always find the unpredictable outcome interesting. Seeing where my instincts take me has been rewarding more times than not.

Birdseye

Gold Supporting Member
Lol, I am in the same boat, got a body here that I don't know what to do with and don't need another strat, but always keeping my eyes open for a good buy on a neck because it just seems like I should use it. Maybe the world is at the point where there is exactly enough strats!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom