• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I have good overdrives, now suggest me a distortion!

Which distortion would give me the goods?!

• Fetto Custom

• Skreddy Screwdriver

• Zvex BOR

• Boiling Point

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

ToneBum

Silver Supporting Member
I'm in need of an awesome sounding distortion. I've got a Timmy, FD2, and a KOTv4 so my OD's are covered...now I just need something high gain like a cranked Marshall. I know there are zillions of options out there and I only listed 4 in this poll so feel free to suggest others. You can see what guitars and amp I use below.

meterman

I'd say BJFE Dyna Red is the best I've played, Barber DDSS is also very good for much less, the Fulltone OCD is a nice hard clipping type distortion pedal and the Plimsoul straddles between overdrive and distortion.

Last edited:

Teledeluxe77

With the pedals you have mentioned in the poll I would say the BP all the way. However, I would strongly suggest checking out a Sobbat DB-4; a little pricey but it will give your amp a swift kick in the butt!

wenbinbin2010

I wouldn't say the Boiling Point gets you that distortion feel though...just feels like a very saturated overdrive. Dyna Red is really nice for that. Maybe try out the Dyna Red Hot for even higher gain.

rawkguitarist

Barber Dirty Bomb is easily the best distortion unit I've ever come accross. Can get them used from about $80 and new at $140.

ToneBum

Silver Supporting Member
Just stack a few of your fancy overdrives
Yeah, I get a pretty good heavy OD tone when stacking but I feel like I could still use something that's flavored heavier to begin with.

Also, tried the Rat...I had a good one and still didn't connect with it for some reason.

Shiny McShine

Does the Mad Professor Mighty Red work in this application? I liked the tone but I'm not a high gain/distortion player.

koa

Silver Supporting Member
I've tried everything under the sun and I thought the Wampler Pinnacle LTD was by far the best.... And only gets better with the boost enabled. That's what I'd go with.

terrapin

I am loving the Analogman Astro Tone. It does a GREAT job at everything from a mild OD to Distortion to full on Fuzz.

If you like the sound of your tone (minus the distortion you're looking for), I never found anything better than the SolidGoldFX SuperDrive... it ENHANCES what you have without coloring it. Can't recommend it more!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom