I have just been delivered a Squeeze Factor...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nashvillesteve, Jan 24, 2006.

1. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I am so glad I found one... I must retire to the music room, but I will post back with how it sounds... 3rd McBroom pedal...

2. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

I'm sure it will be great. I have a HellBilly, SlowBurn and Bent. Good guy and sweet pedals.

3. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

word bro!
    aldo....

4. RickB

RickB Member

I have Squeeze Factor #000. Great pedal. I find I use it far more frequently that my Keely Comps. It has tons of headroom. I usually run the volume around 9 o'clock and the other knob (the name of it escapes me at the moment ;) ) around 2 or 3 o'clock. Sounds great into my Skreddy Top Fuel too!

5. tayste_2000

tayste_2000 Member

I'm just waiting on a McSqueeze, got a hellbaby though and man what a pedal, Bob sure knows his stuff

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Glad you like the hellbaby. :)

7. tayste_2000

tayste_2000 Member

You have no idea how much I love this pedal, I'll hopefully catch up with you at some point, thinking of selling the Mcsqueeze when it gets here and my SIB NNitro and getting another one, yes its that good :BEER

Cheers man

8. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Definitely my favorite compressor.

9. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Well, I played with it for about an hour or so, A/Bing it with the AnalogMan Ross Clone. The Squeeze Factor has more noticably more compression on tap... possibly because there is no "compression" or "sustain" control. It's all the way up and you blend it in with your dry signal (which is great, because you don't lose the dynamics and the parallel wet/dry compression sound is almost like double tracking-it is two sounds at once). I really like the sound and the two compressors not only have their specific sounds that work well within my setup, but I wouldn't hesitate to use both on the same board for a mono-amp setup... they are both good and completely different sounding. I think I will have the Analogman on my clean chain and the squeeze factor on my dirty (more "guitar" sounding, more boosts than OD or distortion) chain. This is a great box. It's got a rawer sound, which I suspect is from the germanium transistor that's in it somewhere. The box really hits the nail on the head for the Dire Straits/Knopfler sound... a lot of fun to play. The Analogman is great too. They both tower in quality over the Walco Chord & Note Sustainer, which is noisy and has no controls. The only reason I have this pedal is because it's like a uber-compressor (noise) that causes held notes/chords to feed back into/onto themselves. This is great for the organ emulation after the POG and into the Leslie. But the Squeeze Factor provides great contrast to the Analogman's smooth compression (you can almost hear it phase about a tiny bit with clean notes or chords sometimes- really a great sound). Running both in series yielded some great country tones from the Ghia in the PRS' coil tap modes. Looks like I got another keeper, thanks to Bob & Brad for this last run of pedals, I'm glad they can all sit together on my boards... I've already seen Hellbillys going for $200 or so... I *might* consider a trade for a Klon, but probably not (although I could sell the Klon to buy a new Double Hotcake- Double Bluesberry? Hotcake + Bluesberry double pedal? and somebody else's Hellbilly)...

10. ari

ari Member

Where can I find info about the Squeeze Factor? I Googled it but didn't bring up anything...

Thanks!

ari

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Look up info for the Pedalworx McSqueeze. Bob designed both pedals...the Squeeze Factor is the same pedal except that instead of switching a toggle between "compression" and "clean boost" there is a blend knob on the Squeeze Factor. You could only buy them directly from Tone Factor and they are not on their site anymore but you should be able to pick up a used one pretty easily.

12. RickB

RickB Member

Here's what it looks like.........

[​IMG]