I have never dropped a guitar pick

wire-n-wood

Tin Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
...just putting that out there. I've broken strings, straps, guitar cables, power leads... I've forgotten to turn on power to pedals, forgotten to turn on main speakers, forgotten to turn on mics. I've lost the key of a song, lost the words of a song, lost the intro to songs. I've gotten lost on the way to a gig, gotten lost on the way home. I've lost band mates, and entire bands. But I've never dropped a guitar pick.

slybird

How long have you been playing, how many shows have you played? I am highly sceptical of your story. I think if not a lie this is a case of selective memory.

You are a demi-god.

I use ultex jazz 3's, which disappear like electrons from their orbitals and reappear in godknowswhere dimensions. No matter the floor color, these picks blend into their backgrounds with perfect camouflage. They are the color of translucent mucous. I can barely find them when already in my hand. They beg you to drop them, nay, dare you.

Brad8008135

Have you ever thrown a pick into the audience and put someone's eye out?

poke.jpg

Paleolith54

...just putting that out there. I've broken strings, straps, guitar cables, power leads... I've forgotten to turn on power to pedals, forgotten to turn on main speakers, forgotten to turn on mics. I've lost the key of a song, lost the words of a song, lost the intro to songs. I've gotten lost on the way to a gig, gotten lost on the way home. I've lost band mates, and entire bands. But I've never dropped a guitar pick.

Of course, you never said that you actually use picks, just that you've never dropped one... ;)

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
I believe you. I've been playing for 25 years and I've never dropped a pick. I don't know, grip is just not an issue. Maybe my fingers are stickier than most.

For a gig, I have my pick, and a spare on top of the amp. I've never used the spare. Never had the need to tape 10 picks to the guitar or the mic stand.

wire-n-wood

Tin Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
How long have you been playing, how many shows have you played? I am highly sceptical of your story. I think if not a lie this is a case of selective memory.
Of course, you never said that you actually use picks, just that you've never dropped one... ;)

Ha! Not so long. I first played a gig about five years ago, but only started doing regular gigs (several a month) in the past year. Maybe a total of 50 gigs, most of them in the past year. But I never drop picks while practising either. I use acrylic triangle picks. Either the 2.75 mm V-Pick, or the 3 mm Gravity picks. The grip on those is excellent.

Also, I probably grip them too tightly. That's a general problem with my playing. I grip the guitar neck too tightly also. I have huge divots in the frets where I've crushed the strings into them. I am actually going to work on developing a lighter touch. Too much tension affects timing and speed. Our drummer drops a stick or two every gig. But I haven't dropped any picks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom