i have never even head of this problem!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Fuzzdawg, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

ok, so i'm wiring up my new guitar, and it's a SSH strat with one volume and one tone. as of right now, i only have one pickup, a humbucker. so i wired it up (because i'm so anxious to hear my guitar for the first time, even if it only has one pickup and i got the wierdest thing that happened.

the volume pot works perfectly, but the tone knob is... i guess inversed? instead of 0-10 taking the tone from dark to sparkly, it sounds like this: with the tone at 0 or 10, it sounds like the tone is completely turned off. with the tone at 5 it sounds like the tone is on full.

have you ever heard of this before? what do i do to fix it? it's really annoying!

2. Jim Collins

Jim Collins Member

How did you wire it?

3. skydog

skydog Supporting Member

triple check the wiring diagram. it's usually how I solve my dilemnas!

4. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

i'll try to rewire the guitar and see what happens.

5. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

ok, i completely rewired the guitar while consulting multiple sources for the propper way, however, i still get the same problem

when tone is at 0 or 10, it sounds like the tone is fully rolled off. when the tone is around 5 it sounds like the tone knobs is fully rolled on.

6. Chandler

Chandler Member

Have you wired the pot backwards? Most diagrams show the pot from the back.

7. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

i have rewired the pot about eight times different ways and i get the same results each time.

i emailed the company where i got the pot and they have shipped me a new one. cool.