I have no idea how to even ask this...Effects loop bypass and looper?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Release, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Release

Release Member

OK, here's the deal….

I'm running 2 amps with my stereo delays and chorus from my board in the effects loop of both amps. Wah, dirt, comp directly in front of both amps.

The Problem: I want to use a looper pedal (Line 6 M9) but the volume of it in the effects loop on playback is way too quiet. When I put the M9 in the straight signal path, the delays in the loop repeat in the everything I play making it a garbled mess.

So… is there a pedal or a box out there that can switch the signal path from going through the loop to going into the straight single path (straight into the amp), effectively bypassing the effects loop entirely? (Basically a switch that makes could change it from wah->dirt->comp->amps with the delays and chorus in the loop to wah->dirt->comp->mystery box->delays->chorus->amps.)

I'm not real concerned with the preamp at this point. I wouldn't be running it dirty, just clean. This would be more for just ambient kinda stuff with the looper. The reason for not just running everything straight in is because I also play heavy and need to use the dirty channel on both amps along with the delays.

2. telecasting

telecasting Member

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is either something by thegigrig or radial that could bring the level of your effects loop up.

3. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Member