i have signa drive, what now?

astroboy23

i just purchased signa drive for low gain, its fantastic.

i play at church.

i'm thinking of getting timmy for lead, sparkle drive for low gain. and signa drive, i change it to high gain.

any recommentaion?

oldhousescott

Gold Supporting Member
Get a Timmy for low gain and stack your Signa into it for higher gain. I used to run 3 or 4 gain pedals, but realized I really only needed 2 by stacking my LGW into my Timmy.

oldhousescott

Gold Supporting Member
Depends on the song. I set the Timmy to have a little hair on it so when I dig in, I get some decent grit. I set the LGW (sort of a TS, like your Signa) kind of medium, and then stack both for more saturation and volume for leads, which as you know are usually sparse and somewhat simplistic in P&W (unless your name is Lincoln Brewster).

StompBoxBlues

Now?...NOW you play, my friend, play like the WIND!!!

Seriously, why in the world not enjoy the pedal you just got, that you say is fantastic...why not enjoy it for a time instead of starting up the old tone/pedal/quest/search right off the bat?

I seriously don't get it. OF course, you can do what you want, but man, it must be a little hectic not just enjoying the one you have but having to immidiately get another...when I get a pedal I think is fantastic, I'm kinda sated for a while, and enjoy my good fortune.

Again, not knocking you, but it just struck me reading the title and the OP, when will you get to enjoy them?

krz4fx

When too many really is TOO many...
Gold Supporting Member
i just purchased signa drive for low gain, its fantastic.

i play at church.

i'm thinking of getting timmy for lead, sparkle drive for low gain. and signa drive, i change it to high gain.

any recommentaion?

I think you should get to know the Signa better. It is one of my all time favorite pedals (and I own quite a few). It works wonders in an edge-of-breakup amp, as a booster; as a low and medium gain OD it's awesome too. If you wanna try something different, get a Danelectro Danelectrode variable voltage power supply: it ranges from 3v to 9v and it makes a whole lot of difference in the way the Signa responds (as will other ODs and Fuzz pedals too).

NHBluesMan

if you really like it, maybe look at the Super Signa Drive- then you'd be covered for all your drive needs

UrbanHymns

Silver Supporting Member
Get a Timmy for low gain and stack your Signa into it for higher gain. I used to run 3 or 4 gain pedals, but realized I really only needed 2 by stacking my LGW into my Timmy.
This. Definitely this. I used to have 3-4 drive pedals on my board, but now just have a Timmy + Cusack Screamer. The Timmy is for low gain, the Cusack for medium gain, and the two stacked together for high gain and lead parts.

Trending Topics