I heard from David (Equator Instruments)...

vicenzajay

Okay - needed to post that I did hear from David today - he's supposed to try to call me on my cell phone to discuss finishing my build later as well.

I'm looking forward to working on finishing this up and getting the instrument.

Guitarcats - if you're reading this, you might be interested in the fact that it finally may be getting close.

There was a ton of traffic on the Equator FB page over the past few days - makes me think that there was definitely some internet connectivity issues happening down south prior to that point.

I asked David to NOT rush the finishing of my instrument. At this point I really want the instrument to be finished well vice concentrate on a delivery date.

vicenzajay

I think you've seen the pictures from last year May'ish....it's a gloss. I'll post them up again here, but keep in mind that the pictures are 16 months old (and that was 9-10 months into the build).

It was VERY good to hear from David!

MisterBuddy

From May 2013?! All it seems to be missing is tailpiece and bridge. Why didn't you just have it sent it as it was and wire it up yourself?

vicenzajay

Well - at the time things seemed to be moving along with a number of builds....then military move/life kicked in and it's a year-plus later. That being said, David was going to work to finish it up this May, but I told him in late April (this April - the last time we really talked) to aim for August. We were heading into the moving timeframe, and I didn't want an instrument sent all the way from there only to stay in a box and be moved all the way across the country again.

Of course, when August came and I couldn't get in touch with David, I began to get a bit concerned. That's why it was so good to hear from him yesterday.

vicenzajay

Thanks! I am excited to get the instrument - just hoping that everything works out well in the process at this point...

BigKD

Thanks! I am excited to get the instrument - just hoping that everything works out well in the process at this point...
As I said...good luck! You better hope that your guitar does not arrive with issues, as I can assure you, from experience, that dealing with David in resolving a bad build will be a painful extension of what you have come to expect from him over the past year or so.

RebbeNachman

As I said...good luck! You better hope that your guitar does not arrive with issues, as I can assure you, from experience, that dealing with David in resolving a bad build will be a painful extension of what you have come to expect from him over the past year or so.
I followed BigKD's thread. And listen, I understand that some people had a difficult experience with David and EI, but there are at least as many and probably way more that had good experiences with him; even in regards to foxing some post -shipment issues.
I feel like any time someone says something good, positive, or even excited about their guitar build wroth David there is someone that comes up with an ominous warNing about dealings with him.

I am not belittling any difficulties that anyone had with him, but come on guys, so raining on the parade :aok

whitepapagold

I followed BigKD's thread. And listen, I understand that some people had a difficult experience with David and EI, but there are at least as many and probably way more that had good experiences with him; even in regards to foxing some post -shipment issues.
I feel like any time someone says something good, positive, or even excited about their guitar build wroth David there is someone that comes up with an ominous warNing about dealings with him.

I am not belittling any difficulties that anyone had with him, but come on guys, so raining on the parade :aok
I just don't get these kind of validations.

If I went to a hamburger stand and got a hamburger with poop inside, I wouldn't care if the last 10 people got beef...

dmkz

I'm with the Rebbe on this one. I have been looking forward to my equator ever since I contacted David last summer, and I am not stressing over how long it's taking. Thankfully I have other guitars and I am using my time to get better at playing them. My only issue is the communication with David. Sometimes it will be a few weeks in between emails, but then we will exchange a bunch in one day

dB

Silver Supporting Member

Aren't these guitars like $4-5k? Yet, it's pretty much unanimous - even among the guys that had a 'great' experience - that the first thing you need to do is get a pro setup and very often redo the electronics, or request the guitar with no electronics and have it done by a local tech.

I don't buy guitars in that price range, but for that kind of money I would expect the thing to be dialed in and ready to go as soon as I open the box.

Trending Topics