• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I jam with a guy who has referred to my playing as "Campfire Blues"...

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
sounds a bit condescending to me...are you learning anything from him? if not, why jam with a guy like that?

Austinrocks

campfire blues sounds like a great title, throw him and/or his guitar into a campfire and see who has the blues.

:FM

:roll

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I'd guess that Robert Johnson played blues by a campfire a few times.

It sounds like it's meant as put down, but really I have no idea what it might mean.

getbent

you know you think he's a dick. we think he is a dick. he is an egomaniac even if he is right and he is a dick.

That doesn't mean you are a pedestrian player, but the point of jamming with a good friend is fun and playing and making music and improving. When it comes down to his needing to dominate you... all of that is over.

sorry man... I had a friend who was a dick in that he had to judge everyone and everything and he always had to be on top... (even when he was)

I 86'd the 'friendship' his loss.

blastastick

Yes, throw him into the fire after your S'Mores are done. Watch him burn, and invite a few friends over for the show.

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
doesn't that mean, your basically a '' lick '' limited guy ? I thought thats the term used for guys who just know a few licks but don't know specific songs ...

but then again ... maybe thats just the '' Canadian '' definition

Beauhooligan

Well, considering that I'm a hick, and that singing around the campfire has always been more important to me than playing on stage and screen; I might take it as a compliment. :cool: I don't know where this guy is coming from, or where you are, but I do know that if you follow your heart in the music of your choice, no matter what that may entail, you cannot do wrong. :AOK

Trending Topics