I just cant win...pedalboard size content...

I get two pedalboards set up for lots of variety...after a couple weeks I start wanting to simplify...so I trim down to just one measly pedaltrain pro (LOL I know, still alot of pedals) and then...couple weeks later I start wishing I had this back on my board, had that...and pretty soon I have two pedaltrain pros loaded up...

One pro has all dirt pedals, in tb switcher to remove unused from chain...

Now I have two boards and Im wanting to simplify again...dangit

Who else fights the never ending battle between variety and limited pedals...

captain38

Fortunately for me, my budget doesn't allow me to "fight the never ending battle between variety and limited pedals"! hahaha! I tried to get just one of what it was I wanted i.e. one reverb, compressor, volume, tuner, tremolo...when it comes to dirt and delay though, all bets are off!

I dunno that I can call 2 PT-Pro's "limited"....! :)
LOL
the 2 pp pros is the excessive...the 1 pro is my limited (still alot)
I have a boss dd-20, a boss rc-20, a volume pedal, and a wah...that right there is almost half the board, and the other pro I have a 5 channel tb switch so that takes up 1/3 of the baord...

the only two small pedals I have are two mi audio, I habe a LOT of barber, including the tine pump

I need to get pictures of this monstosity and post them...maybe the shame will force me to cut back even more...:)

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I suffer from the same affliction!
I use a PT-2, but with the Road Rage 8 channel Looper attached to it, I now have a scarcity of real estate!
And now I just found my trusty old Ibanez CS505 chorus, which I have had for 3 decades, and found a way to power it at 18 volts [I never got the Ibanez AC-118 adapter when it came out, and those are rare as hens' teeth, and the CS505 has a positive tip 18v]
Since it eats batteries like crazy, the Ibanez had been put away years ago.
But with 18 volts AC this thing ROCKS and it's not a cliche 80s chorus sound- I can get Leslie and phaser like tons out of it now!
Plus my spanking new Malekko Vibrato just showed up.
I can't believe how tiny it is. I mean it looked small on the videos and pics I saw on the web, but when you see it in person, it's amazing how they can pack all the components in that tiny thing!
I am wondering about having two boards- one for dirt, and one for modulation. :stir
That way I can add pedals like the CS505, Malekko, and my Maxon PH-350 back in my setup.
Anyone else do this?

Fortunately for me, my budget doesn't allow me to "fight the never ending battle between variety and limited pedals"! hahaha! I tried to get just one of what it was I wanted i.e. one reverb, compressor, volume, tuner, tremolo...when it comes to dirt and delay though, all bets are off!
honestly, dirt is the only pedals I really buy anymore...I have a couple reverbs, a bunch of delay and chorus,

kldonegan

Honestly, I won my "battle" with a compromise.

I got a decent sized board, some loop strips and made some decisions. The dirt and delay on the board covers all my different needs. The few modulations are the ones I generally always reach for (trem and rotary speaker), but I rearrange them based on what the gig needs. Because of the loop strips, I can swap stuff on and off with minimal fuss. I'll replace things depending on what I'm after and the switching stays the same. So far, about a year in to it, I don't feel the need to change it.

Here's what it looks like on any given day:

4398552497_1efc46600a_m.jpg

3838582580_7ee0aa9425_m.jpg

4364386150_142f509563.jpg

And, on a bad day...

4398579279_16d50000dc.jpg

Maybe the best thing to do is set up a system that doesn't lock you down in to so many decisions.

PanicProne

I have this problem too. First I downsized from a stonecastle grand master to just a pt mini for one band and figured I'd do the same for the other too. But hey, enden up with a PT JR. and then, wooops, two pt jrs. So I figured I'd downsize to just one PT 2. But hey I think I'll be back up to two PT JR's and one PT 2 soon. Or at least one of the jrs with the two..

Alot of this is caused by me constantly getting new pedals (mostly delays) and hoping to use them more than I actually do. Still, some are so nice I don't want to get rid of them even though I don't have use for them.. (And then there's the problem of living in sweden. I mean, who in the us or canada would have problems selling or trading a goatkeeper?!!)

phoenix 7

LOL -- I can relate. I make major changes to my board every few months. It always takes HOURS to reconfigure everything. I REALLY need a board between the PT-2 (too small) and the PT Pro (too big).

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
LOL -- I can relate. I make major changes to my board every few months. It always takes HOURS to reconfigure everything. I REALLY need a board between the PT-2 (too small) and the PT Pro (too big).

Amen to that!
Didn't someone start a petition here for Pedaltrain to do just that?
By the way, what size is the Pedaltrain model that is only sold in Guitar Center? And how much does it cost?
For some weird reason, Guitar Center does not list it on their web page along with the other Pedaltrain models!

IRG

I had some big boards, not quite what you're talking about, but still more than I needed, and a budget that was blown.

So I got a PT2, and forced myself to fit only pedals on this board. Plus I got an M9 so a lot of other pedals weren't needed. However, I'm about to move my M9 off to the side, and go back to a regular board, but will add a wah/volume pedal that will take up space, but still stick with the PT2. You can still do a lot with it, just need good planning.

Oh I know...I end up starting friday evening and end up not playing at all...

clc12rock

I've been steadily getting bigger. Started off with a Mini, then leant that to a friend so I got a Jr. Now I wanna put mod, reverb and delay on the Jr. and put dirt/fuzz on a Pro, along with my wah and amp footswitch (which is huge). I could definitely fill two PT-Pros with my pedals, but I really just can't see wanting that many pedals at once, especially playing out. Maybe just to organize all your pedals at home.

steven.rogers

Yeah, it's an addiction for sure...

I play mostly jazz and got a PT Mini because surely I won't need more than 4-5 pedals. It's already filling up and I'll probably need to upgrade soon...

Jemlite

My thing is I downsized because it always seemed my board was too big and in the way at gigs... but it still just never seems compact enough...

Kinda sucks with all the cash I've got into some cool sounding stuff. I keep going back and forth with what stays and goes... haven't figured it out for months now, always mixing it up... hurts my brain. :bong

Trending Topics

Top Bottom