I just discovered fuzz... and boy its fun!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by carbz, Jul 9, 2008.

1. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

Just picked up one of the Foxrox CC2 thigamjiggers and been fooling around with the Fuzz on it. Been noodling with guitar approx 30 years and never used or even tried a fuzz pedal. This thing is a blast for lead work though not so much for rhythm. It makes playing almost effortless. I'm almost afraid to turn it off and sound like my old sloppy self :D. Is the fuzz in this unit comparable with some of the top notch fuzz units? Just curious.

2. gururyan

gururyan Member

Careful my friend, fuzz is an addictive effect pedal. There are so many tastes of fuzz, you will end up with more fuzz pedals than all your others combined. I started with one, now I have over a dozen with more in the mail...all keepers.

3. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

+1000

4. VintageToneGuy

VintageToneGuy Member

If s Skreddy Top Fuel is considered a Fuzz Pedal, then I've only played one that I liked. But then again, I haven't played them all.

vtg

5. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I too am just recently getting into fuzz. I now own a BBB'07, a Zvex Fuzz Factory, a Trotsky drive and an Effector 13 TBD. Now I wanna get me a Peppermint Fuzz and a Sunface.

6. m@2

m@2 Member

+ 2

dude, you just described me EXACTLY, i'm on a total FUZZ binge!!!

my favorite so far... fulltone '69

7. sabby

sabby Member

It's a slippery slope for sure. The square waves are tough on the ears though.

:messedup

8. $uperpuma

$uperpuma Member

I've seen Gururyan's obsession in person... and probably encouraged it at times... but there's just something about banging out a big gnarly chord with a dirty, spitty fuzz...