• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I Just Discovered Greg Koch- WOW!

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
This guy is unbelievable- does he work primarily as a Fender spokesman or is he with a band?

I've been doing nothing but youtube searches on this guy and can't believe what a monster he is on guitar (he also has a great sense of humor).

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
He's another one of those best player you never heard of types, but he has been on the Fender wagon for at least several years + solo stuff + teaching vids + been in GP, so not as under the general radar as you might think. You can probably dig up studio credits for him, too. I think he was big in jingle writing at some time, IIRC, from one of his clincs that I atended.

BIGGERSTAFF

This guy is unbelievable- does he work primarily as a Fender spokesman or is he with a band?

I've been doing nothing but youtube searches on this guy and can't believe what a monster he is on guitar (he also has a great sense of humor).
I'm not sure of his current band status, but he played with a group called The Tone Controls, and there are a few CDs out that are definitely worth checking out.

Madison

A super talent with a seemingly unlimited bag of tricks. Does just about all styles, but one of the best chicken pickers you'll ever see. I have a couple CD's by him, and seriously, I can only listen for so long as it's kind of over the top in many areas.

Check out the 10 minute youtube vid where he's onstage with Muriel Anderson (watching)...unreal!

Mudder

I have his instructional DVD and a couple CD. That guy is a hell of a player and funny too.

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
He's in a band with Malford Milligan, I believe they have a record coming out soon...

Looks like the band is called Nation Sack and they're on tour right now.

barkndog

The CD "Radio Free Gristle" is fantastic. Highly recommended. It covers about every kind of guitar style you can think of with Greg doing a great DJ impression between each tune. Really funny stuff and killer playing.

kurtsstuff

About a year ago we had him come in and do a clinic at the store I was managing at the time...Dubbed themselves the "Gristle Kings" Full band and it was awesome..guy does more when he's just jacking around than most can do at full seriousness....Funny as hell too!!!!

Dion

Silver Supporting Member
He's a comedian! That happens to do some serious fretboard flexing!

Just kiddin'!

Has some great Hal Leonard instructional DVD's out.

66fs

Excellent demos of various fender amps on the cd that comes with the Soul of Tone amp book.

townsend

I think I first became a fan of him when he appeared at a Mars Music Store (remember them!) about five years ago (2004?), and was demonstrating Fender's digital modeling amp.

I think he is a damn brilliant player. I find him funny as well, which is a refreshing change. He can cover a lot of stylistic territory.

Trending Topics