I just found this Julian Lage performance...this is absolutely beautiful.

PedalFreak

Supporting Member
Not sure what the amp was in the OP.
When I saw Julian last year in Philly, he was playing a Magic Amps Vibro Prince.

It seems he has an endorsement with Magic Amps. He showed a photo that he has a Champ, Princeton, Deluxe Reverb and another I can't remember, all Magic Amps. He's been touring in the US with the Deluxe Reverb last I saw.

Would love a solo tele album from him.
Heard an interview with him that several of the songs on his album Worlds Fair started as songs he was writing for a solo Tele album. Hopefully he'll get around to that. He said that Ryland was originally written for that.

Cool solo version of Ryland, a "what might have been" type of video

squeally dan

It seems he has an endorsement with Magic Amps. He showed a photo that he has a Champ, Princeton, Deluxe Reverb and another I can't remember, all Magic Amps. He's been touring in the US with the Deluxe Reverb last I saw.

Heard an interview with him that several of the songs on his album Worlds Fair started as songs he was writing for a solo Tele album. Hopefully he'll get around to that. He said that Ryland was originally written for that.

Cool solo version of Ryland, a "what might have been" type of video
Thanks for this. Great stuff. What guitar player was he talking about at the beginning? I couldn’t hear the name.

BUK

Beautiful!
Ian told me what Julian does would terrify him.... I don't know, but I think he could.
This is just in some noodling at a Traynor Amps in-store appearance.
Please ignore the visuals...

Davis Dodds

Had only heard the name in passing before going to see him somewhat on a whim in Denver a few years back. Quite an experience for sure.

chopsley

Silver Supporting Member
That was great.

The opening and closing sections reminded me a bit of Bill Frisell's take on "Crepuscule with Nellie"

(this isn't a great recording, but it's similar to what he plays on the Monk in Motian album).

Trending Topics