I just fried my amp...... HELP! :(

Earplayer

Hell i am a dumbass...

After switching amp heads back and forth to try out something with one 4x12 cab and the Aracom Attenuator i wanted to put the speakercable from the 50Watter to the 100Watter but i managed to pull the cable out from the Aracom... so the Aracom is connected to the cabinet but hell the two amps are connected together.

So the signal path goes like this:

Guitar into SuperLead from the Superlead 16Ohm out straight into a 50W Amp speaker jack 16Ohm (instead of the Aracom!!!)... !!!! The 50W was off... i fired up the SuperLead and i cranked the vol1 pot to 9 - then i realized that there is something wrong... and turned the SPL off... after a short shock i have seen that a fuse has blown on the 50Watter... replaced the fuse... nothing.... so now there is silence. What the hell :mad:

The 100Watter is fine - but the 50Watter doesn´t do a thing... holy CRAP!!!!

Is there a chance that i damaged the output-transformer?

i need some beers or a whiskey after this.

Last edited:

Earplayer

thanks... uuggghh... i will call my tech tomorrow. :messedup

hell i still don´t know how that happened - i am always picky about my connections and check everything twice before a gig etc. and now this happens to me at home - :rimshot

i just opened up the amp looks fine so far - i still hope that there are some resistors fried or the tubes are gone - and nothing crazy like the output-transformer. but with my usual luck i guess i should be happy about it that nothing exploded. :mad:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom