I just fried my new PP800 Love Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by justin, Mar 17, 2008.

1. justin

justin Gold Supporting Member

I accidently hooked it up to the 15V that came with my radial a/b pedal. I PMed Sean. Is that a good way to get in touch with him? I hope it can be fixed. I received it at my office today and plugged it into my Cube 60 I keep there. It sounded amazing! Made me laugh out loud. Then I get it home and fry it! Im talking smoke coming out of the input and output.:eek:

Justin

2. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

wow...fell sorry for you. you know, $h&t happens.
    call him: 248-766-8660 cel.
    i got an 800 too... it made me smile big time!
    good luck

3. ManCas

ManCas Member

ohhh man, I'm really really sorry, I hope you can get it fixed. Good luck.

4. justin

Just talked to Sean. Im sending it back to him tomorrow. He said he would take care of it! Talk about customer service. I will definitely be doing more business with him. Great guy!

Justin

5. ford

ford Staff Member Supporting Member

....That is awesome! Have fun when it returns...

rock

bford

6. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

What a bummer. If it makes you feel better I learned the hard way to pay attention to those power supplys too. Felt like a complete dumbass as soon as it happened :bkw I used an AC 9v instead of DC though...gotta watch out for that scenario too! What was even worse is it was a gift from a friend...and it was a pedal that never went into production! Luckily, it did get fixed. Charred up the board pretty bad though :Spank

I just got my pp800 last night. Still haven't had time to dive in deep yet though. Love the purple powder coat on it. Wish it was silkscreened though.

7. justin

I think Im going to paint the 15v bright orange or something to remind me. I can see me doing the same stupid thing in the future if I dont.:bkw

Justin

8. Yup

Yup Supporting Member

Did Sean happen to say what the upper voltage limit was that the PP800 can handle safely? 12v?