I just lost my Wife of 27 years--and I'm Terrified...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by michael razor, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Good lord is that awful. I truly empathize. +++++++++++ VIBES!!

michael razor likes this.
  2. Outsider

Outsider Member

Very sorry to hear this. You won't stay terrified forever though. You will find a way to piece things together and the dearest memories will never go away. All this in your own good time and on your terms.

michael razor and Someguitarguy like this.
  3. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I had a bulging node a year and a half ago and abdominal pain. Diagnosed with stage 3 NHL. I'm sorry they couldn't catch your wife's in time. I'm still fighting. I hope you can stay strong. If you ever want to talk, buzz me. I wish you all the best going forward.

4. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

My sincere prayers for you....so sorry to hear of your loss....

5. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

So very sorry..... :(
    Bad things happen to good people.....

jon

6. Kurt L

Kurt L Member

I don't know you at all but still pray you and your family find some peace.

7. Zandalf

Zandalf I don't remember

Death Don't Have No Mercy In This Land...

My last 3 years: Sister & parents dead; almost me from weird internal bleeding; Wife's good friend killed by car; wife now has Stg. 4 lung cancer... it sucks to get sick/old & die.

But.

Having looked into lifeafterdeath, unless you're evil, apparently, it's like coming home... THIS is all a game we play.... but - at least we get to play guitar!

Peace

8. Bogner

Bogner Member

I am incredibly sorry to hear this Michael. I will be praying for you. I have been through a similar situation and the best advice I could give you out of my experience is to take things one second...one minute.....one hour....one day at a time. There is no wrong timeframe. Keep your expectations open and real. You are in a place you have never been before. I can assure you that it will get better. Don't isolate yourself and don't be afraid to talk to those you love and trust. Avoid anything right now that would drain you and cause you further stress. Eat right, exercise in some way if at all possible and get your sleep. Try to build a consistent schedule as it is very easy to go all over the place in a situation like this. Do the things that bring you true joy. It is ok to be a little selfish right now. Do what you need to do. I found that writing helped me a lot. Journals, letters, anything to express what I was feeling/dealing with was a positive thing for me. I don't know if you are a religious guy or not, but I found comfort in church and writing scriptures and positive things on notes and placing them wherever I went in the house. I would say positive things, talk to myself, encourage myself....I was able to pull my way out of it and that was a big thing for me. If you need a friend, you have one in me. You are welcome to PM me here and talk if you like. We can talk if you like, anything you need...I will do my best to help you Michael. If you choose not to take me up on my offers, I get it and just want you to know I am praying for you. Again, I am incredibly sorry for your loss.

9. lespaultazz

lespaultazz Member

Sorry for ur loss, bless her and u

10. will richardson

will richardson The Tennessee to California Connection Silver Supporting Member

I pray for you this night My Brother. Feel Your feelings but make sure the pain is accompanied by dwelling on things that are good, decent, and things that you loved about your wife and your life. The good stuff is also there to offset the bad, although good has it's own merit.

Peace and comfort to your soul, Sir. Sleep well this night.

Respectfully,

will richardson

11. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Thoughts and prayers, so sorry for your loss...take good care.

12. edgewound

edgewound Gold Supporting Member

My sincere/ heartfelt condolences. When it happens so quickly, it feels like being blindsided...because you are.

All I can offer is... one day at a time. Prayers for your healing. Hang in there.

13. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

Haven't read any responses. Unless you happen to be Superman, go get some therapy. It is hard for the human mind to take blows like this. Even if you are the toughest. My condolences.

Windup 43 and michael razor like this.
  14. SmilingDave

SmilingDave Supporting Member

I am so sorry to learn about this -- my condolences for your loss. Prayers sent for you and everyone that surrounds you.

15. Someguitarguy

Someguitarguy Member

Having visited the other side 18 years ago now I can honestly say that I reminisce almost daily. I was returned against my will and never would have chosen this for myself were it solely my decision only

I feel for you original poster. Death is so, so difficult for us left behind. Bless you

Zandalf, Route67 and michael razor like this.
  16. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

I don't even know what to say Brother. Im so sorry. You ARE still here and I'm sure your wife would ant you to know that. Take your time and grieve and count on your friends and family and even total strangers for support. This just drives home how precious life is and how it is so important to live it to the fullest.
    we are here for you anytime you want to talk. we will be listening.
    Take care.
    steffen

Zandalf and michael razor like this.
  17. Cropduster

Cropduster Member

Can you tell us more about your experience of "the other side" and why you reminisce positively about it?

18. standard24

standard24 Member

I'm very sorry. I hope you find some peace.

19. p.mo

p.mo Supporting Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you.

One day at a time...

Roark and michael razor like this.
  20. RoneB

RoneB Member

Michael,
    I'm so saddened by your loss I will pray for you, your family and your wife. You walked a path together for many years, now honor her memory as you walk that same path today and each day to come. Don't give up, don't give in, Don't settle for anything less for yourself than she would have allowed.

I think it's very brave and amazing that you reached out to us and it tells me that you understand the importance of the support you will gain by sharing your feelings with people.

Stay on the path Michael she is with you always.

God Bless

Roark, JPF, michael razor and 2 others like this.