I just ordered a DS-1

evilfartman69

I thought of getting one just to do the octave fuzz mod, maybe combined with the mod where you remove the clipping diodes

I just ordered a stock, SMD, plain jane, missionary position, utilitarian DS-1. This will be my 5th or 6th one. What should I expect? Will I be happy?

CSB
No. No, you will not be happy, you cannot be happy with SMD DS-1, no way. No happy for you. That is nonpossible.

Joking aside, I hope you got a good deal on it cause I like the old THD a lot better)))

Here's my comparison of old v new:

chromewaves

me too, will be here Monday. never had one before, or even played through one. But I like bright, edgy distortions run as overdrives so I suspect I'll actually enjoy this more than most. Also, Bauhaus-approved, so.

SubApathy

Platinum Supporting Member
WelcomeUncomfortableAnole-size_restricted.gif

UELong

I'm sorry .. but your thread is funny....

” it's my 5th or 6th one ... what should I expect ? ".

I do believe you might be considered an expert on the subject already. :)
Didn't one of those famous scientists say: One who expects doing the same thing and get different results, is insane? Not that I'm pointing fingers.

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
What should I expect? Will I be happy?
To answer your questions, in order:

1.) Disappointment. It's as bad as you remember, possibly worse. If you're thinking that maybe you just didn't know how to dial it in last time you had it, and your ears and pedal-tweaking skills have improved, and you're sure that you've been missing something? ....nope. It's still the same old DS1 that sounded horrible last time you bought one.

2.) No.

Unless, of course, a deep sense of shame and disappointment makes you happy. Then- yes. You'll be thrilled!

chukkaPlayer

Which versions have you had previously? Seems like pre 94/95 models have the preamp and not the opamp. I'm not very schooled on DS-1 version history but I opted for a 1990 MIT black label DS-1 myself.

Top Bottom