I just paid $156 for a guitar lesson

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by armadillo66, May 10, 2016.

1. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

2 tickets with "convenience charge" = $156
    Molly said she wanted to go see Dweezle Zappa and Umphrey McGee at Red Rocks for her July 4th birthday present. So on July 2nd we will be rocking out at Red Rocks.
    Oh well, Molly will be a purring kitty that evening cause she loves Dweezle, worth making her happy at any cost.
    I get a great guitar lesson and gear fest at that show.
    Jake Cinneger is fast becoming one of my favorite players and I really have enjoyed Dweezle's playing every time I have seen him in the last few years.
    Molly never went to concerts growing up, strict parents and lived in backcountry farm as a teenager.
    So last summer I took her to see String Cheese Incident #30 at Red Rocks and she had a really great time.
    Incorporate some hot springs soak into the trip and a Denver cannabis shop tour, she will be a happy camper and so will I.

2. Lephty

Lephty Member

Bummer that it's the same day that Dead & Co. are playing up in Boulder. These are the kinds of choices we have to make here in CO...

great-case.com and soli528 like this.
  3. NicDo

NicDo Member

Sweet! IMO, the two best touring bands there are... together! Wish I could go

4. laughingsam

laughingsam Member

i'm trying to make it to that show. the wife loves umphrey's, i love me some dweezil, so it should all work out.

the weird one is going to be anders osborne with railroad earth. i really like anders but the wife really doesn't. the wife really likes rre, but i'm pretty meh. but i missed anders last time he was around so this would be my next chance. but i'm not sure i want to drop a lot of cash for an opener... decisions decisions...

5. lhallam

lhallam Member

I suggest you familiarize yourself with Dweezil's latest release. That's all he played when I saw him last week. He didn't play any of his dad's material.

6. ArchDukeOfTops

ArchDukeOfTops Member

Man, I'm jealous, would love to catch both of them.

7. ArchDukeOfTops

ArchDukeOfTops Member

. Your wife must be a cool lady.

laughingsam likes this.
  8. laughingsam

laughingsam Member

she certainly has her moments.

9. Wibcs39

Wibcs39 Member

Sounds like an awesome show. Is $156 worth giving you and your lady a great time and a bunch of awesome memories? I wouldn't even think twice about the price.

10. Smashies

Smashies Silver Supporting Member

You lucky SOB.

11. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Ah Boulder, my old stomping grounds :). Lived there from 1984-1993 going to school. It was AWESOME! So many fantastic shows there, Robben did a monster New Years show, Hiram Bullock, Tuck and Pattie, first time I ever saw Brecker and he had Stern on guitar and Calderazzo on piano. And then there was Mahavishnu with Steve Morse opening, and they played in the auditorium upstairs in the student center!!!!

Red rocks, yet another place I've seen some great music :).

Lephty likes this.
  12. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

actually looking forward to Dweezle's stuff, I have seen ZPZ three times, the first time was with Vai, Bozzio and Napoleon Murphy Brock, so getting to see him do his own thing will be good. I wonder if he will be using those primo Cornford amps on this tour

13. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

She grew up with strict parents and living on a remote farm in Eastern Oklahoma, so she has only been to concerts since she met me 5 years ago. I took her to see Tedeschi Trucks and Gov't Mule, and String Cheese Incident #30 at Red Rocks. Breaking her in the right way.
    She thinks Dweezle is a little stud muffin, so make her happy to check out his butt up close I guess......I will be drooling about Sheila Gonzales, smoking hot woman with real skilz

ArchDukeOfTops likes this.
  14. ArchDukeOfTops

ArchDukeOfTops Member

Ha, I took my wife to see Phish, and she complained the whole time. I slammed a few giant beers and got my groove on, not a single f*** was given :D

15. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

When I took Molly to see her first great concert, Tedeschi Trucks, we went to a little pre show gathering with some of my daughter's friends who live close to the venue. She was a newbie weed smoker, so she got really granny and then we walked over to the venue, and she had a complete series of profound revelations about what she had missed out on in her previous life. It was really fun to watch her find joy she had never known, unstressed from work or life hassles for really the first time in her life. And when Susan & Mike sang "Midnight In Harlem" she was just amazed.

ArchDukeOfTops and soli528 like this.
  16. Megatron

Megatron Member

Seeing Umphree's in June.
    Ticket's should be about $30 a piece though……

17. great-case.com

great-case.com a.k.a. "Mitch"

DZ will school you for certain, his chops are awesome. $80 a piece for the rocks is a steal these days. I have lived ten minutes from the park for 35 years, recalling $25 concerts... oh so long ago.

ENJOY!