I just snagged a Gries 5 on eBay!

farlowhigh

Congrats on the Gries 5!! I love that amp! I have the head and not the combo although I can say that it sounds great through a 2x12 with a Blue and a G12H30...

I am confident you will love that amp! great price on it too!

Dave

Thanks, man. I do have a 2x12 with Weber 12F150s I could hook it up to. That could be interesting.

SoCalSteve

Crap, that's a great deal! I never see these pop up on ebay and wish I could have bid on it against you!

Congrats!

Twin63

I got it for $580 including shipping. Should be a fun little amp.

Gries 5 owners, how do you like the Tonkerlite speaker? I've got a Weber Blue Dog and a 12F150 I could put in it. I might even try a Celestion Blue.
I don't have a lot of experience with higher-end speakers, but I think the Tonkerlite sounds great in my Gries 5. The amp weighs in around 27 pounds which is a nice bonus.

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
The Tonkerlite is awesome in that amp. You won't be disappointed in that amp, it's an amazing little creation.

Steeltoe

Silver Supporting Member
Totin' a Gries 5 here w/celestion blue. It's just unbefudgingbelievable! I could have gotten the
Tonkerlite, but couldn't figure why a 100 watt speaker
would be a proper match in a 5 watt amp. So, the Blue made more sense to me. I ordered mine naked, and installed the Blue upon arrival. I couldn't be more pleased with mine.

FFTT

Congratulations on getting a Gries 5 at such a deal!

You saved enough where you can afford just about any speaker upgrade
and will still come in close to retail.

jay66

Totin' a Gries 5 here w/celestion blue. It's just unbefudgingbelievable! I could have gotten the
Tonkerlite, but couldn't figure why a 100 watt speaker
would be a proper match in a 5 watt amp. So, the Blue made more sense to me. I ordered mine naked, and installed the Blue upon arrival. I couldn't be more pleased with mine.
I have a blue in mine also so I know what your talking about. It sounds amazing. Not that the Man O War that came with the amp sounded bad at all, I just had to try a blue.

Dave

Thanks guys. From what I've read the Tonkerlite is a great speaker and a good match for the 5. I'm sure I'll dig it and the light weight is a bonus.

I have one coming afterall,,,should be here -wednesday, i am going to try some Scumbacks!!! Also will try it through my divided by 13 2x12 cab and marshall 4x10.....and i will report back :p

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
I just got one from MusicGearGuys (see my comments in the Manuf. forum). I only had a couple minutes with it but I'm very impressed. It's a great grab-and-go amp, very Fender-sounding. I'm also going to try the MusicGearGuys suggestion to switch the 12AX7 for a 12AY7.

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Steeltoe,
I'm in Sherman Oaks...we should get together some time. I'd love to chekc out that Gries. :)

Trending Topics