1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

I Just Watched Reign Over Me....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Josh O, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Josh O

Josh O Member

...if you'd have told me tears would be streaming down my face watching an Adam Sandler movie I would've said your nuts. I don't know why I hadn't seen this movie before but I just watched it on Netflix and I thought it was great. I've always been a big fan of Adam Sandler and yes most of his movies lately seem to be the same thing over and over again with different characters but I thought Reign Over Me was something totally out of Sandler's zone. Punch Drunk Love I just couldn't get with and Funny People showed a much rawer side of Sandler but it was still Sandler. This character he played in Reign Over Me was just incredible I thought and Don Cheadle was just as impressive.

All I can say is wow.

2. ThePenwellCrash

ThePenwellCrash Supporting Member

I remember thinking that was a powerful movie when I watched it years ago. Gotta say, the court room scene with The Who's Reign Oer Me was my favorite part, although Pearl Jam did a great cover of it for the credits roll.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  3. futuresman

futuresman Member

Sorry to bust your chops Penwell, but Love Reign Oer Me is a classic tune by The Who.

4. IndigoBandit

IndigoBandit Member

Pretty powerful film, I thought both Sandler and Don Cheadle were great.

5. ESPLTD200FM

ESPLTD200FM Member

My girlfriend ambushed me with this movie on Netflix one night. I cried way too much

6. chrismac99

chrismac99 Member

I wanted to punch his in-laws so bad!

7. ThePenwellCrash

ThePenwellCrash Supporting Member

Dangit, I knew that! Feel free to bust my chops when ever I deserve it. That's what I get for posting without bothering to fact-check myself.

:fisticuffs

8. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

I don't think I've ever cried harder during a movie than I did during that movie. Tough movie for any parent or husband.

9. IndigoBandit

IndigoBandit Member

I don't tend to get overly emotional in films, but this one gets me.
    The other film that has me in tears no matter how many times I watch it is 'The Lives of Others' (Das Leben der Anderen). The last scene.... pow!
    Every time.

10. playsarobin

playsarobin Results. Not excuses.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Love that movie and both versions of the song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk