I know a little about the next Line 6 pedal....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TheGrooveking, Aug 26, 2005.

1. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    It's name is "Verbzilla" , it has the same knob configuration as the Echo Park and Liqua-Flange. The color of the control panel is gray. That's all for now, more to follow....

TheGrooveking

2. muddy

muddy Member

this is old news, bones. ;) sorry.

ml

3. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

"this is old news, bones. sorry."

Not to every body...

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Okay Muddy, but I haven't seen it posted here. I know you were the first to report the RotoMachine, but were you holding out on us? What else do you know? All right guys go get the heat lamp, we need to start sweating this guy for info......

TheGrooveking

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

yes, Verbzilla is the last of this round of new Tone Core pedals....should have been released by now... hmmmm

6. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i think i saw a pic of it on hcfx last week. I'm not crazy about the Tonecore pedals though. I definitely don't like the switch and the knobs. The EchoPark and the UberMetal I had sounded average to slightly above average, IMO.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

John Ziegler posted a clip of the UberMetal that impressed my face clean off......I definately want to try one for myself, along with the CruchTone.

8. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

I thought the UberMetal sounded great at moderate volumes through my amp, but once it got to band level, it wasn't quite so great. Either way, it's a cool pedal, just not quite my thing. Definitely better than the modded metal zone & zoom tri-metal i had a while back.

9. Don Rusk

the best drive sound Ive heard from the tonecore stuff is the drive on the new Dr. Distorto, its a really useful basic drive to go with the octave and sustain effects....

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Anyone know when the Rotomachine ships?

11. highfidelity66

highfidelity66 Supporting Member

i cant wait for the new liquaflange pedal. sounds alot like the fox rox flange pedal i had..... if u havent listened to the clips check those out! anyone know when that pedal ships??:)

12. muddy

muddy Member

oct. 1st is the release date for these, i believe. at least the roto. the flange might actually be sooner, like in a week or 2 ( i THOUGHT i saw this info posted somewhere). i never posted about the 'verb because it wasn't something i was all that interested in.

ml

13. threm

threm Member

[​IMG]

Mix
    Allows you to control the amount of reverb in your signal. Fully counter clockwise will give you no reverb, fully clockwise will give you 100% reverb (no dry signal). The more reverb present in your signal, the more it will sound like you are playing farther away from the listener.
    Decay
    Controls how quickly the reverb tail fades to silence.
    Time
    Controls the length of pre-delay from Xms to XXXms. Pre-delay is the amount of delay before the reverb chamber and is adjusted accordingly with this control.
    Tone
    Allows you to adjust the tonal character of the reverb, giving you the flexibility to go from dark and subtle to bright and splashy.
    Trails Switch
    Turn Trails Switch on to keep Verbzilla’s processing engaged while in bypass, so your reverb smoothly trail away when you kick the effect off.

Function Control Knob
    • ‘63 Spring: Based on a 1963 brown spring reverb head unit. Best known for great surf guitar tone!
    • Spring: Based on a studio spring reverb. A spring reverb's characteristic resonant sound was created by springs suspended inside a metal box. Sweet!
    • Plate: Based on an studio Plate reverb the plate reverb's character is similar to that of the spring. They both have a metallic resonant quality. Plate reverbs consisted of a thin metal sheet suspended inside a box. Dampening the metal plate would give the user control over the reverberant effect.
    • Room: Simulates the acoustic properties of a classic echo chamber , which was a room used in early recording studios for reverb effects. Smaller then a hall, room reverbs consists mainly of early reflections.

Function Control Knob
    • Chamber: An elongated ambient space such as a hall, stairwell or elevator shaft creates this reverb type. Dreamy.
    • Hall: Simulates the sound of a concert hall or large open space with a strong reverb tail. Imagine a gymnasium, performance hall, or cathedral.
    • Ducking: Built using a 'Hall' but with a ducking effect. The volume of your reverb is “ducked” (reduced) while you’re playing, and increases when you stop. This allows for clean musical passages with a touch of reverb that ramps up in volume once you stop playing. All of your passages will end with a reverb tail, but the passage itself will not be clouded.
    • Octo: CRAZY! SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS ONE!
    • Cave: Surreal cavernous echo chamber. I’m just a simple caveman... Your world frightens and confuses me... what more can be said.
    • Tile: Emulates the acoustic reflections of a tiled room, such as a bathroom or a tiled room with clearer/brighter discreet early reflections.
    • Echo: Just like it says …echo…echo…echo This is a lush delay reverb
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com...8&perpage=20&highlight=Verbzilla&pagenumber=3

Not up on their demo site yet.
    http://www.line6.com/tonecore/soundsVideo.html

14. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Hmmm... this could maybe replace the Holy Grail if they did a good job on it.

15. Don Rusk

YEs they did a good job;)

The Octo setting is amazing (it wil be in place of the gate setting on that pic...... - its like this ambient harmonic synth verb that rises like an old synth patch sort of, hard to describe but hypnotically cooool.....:cool: