• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I know, I know, but...is there a source for Squier parts anywhere?

Jeff Michael

I'm jonesing for an anodized gold aluminum pickguard that will fit a '54-'56 style P bass--the contoured-body single-coil version a la the Sting signature bass. Nobody makes one! Then I see these Squier Paranormal Jazz Bass '54s on the scene. Looks like that p/g might do the trick.

So my question is: can anybody get Squier parts? That seems like a really weird thing to want to do, granted, yet here I am.

Brian N

The pickguard is one of those pieces that, AFAIK, doesn't stay consistent even among Squier instruments. The only way to get one that fits perfect is to have one custom ordered.

Jim85IROC

Silver Supporting Member
your best bet is to probably get one made for a Fender, and adapt it. I'm not as familiar with the basses, but I've done this on a number of Strat copies. Aside from the occasional trimming around the neck pocket and the bridge, it's usually just a matter of plugging a few screw holes with toothpicks and redrilling them to match the Fender pickguard. I would assume it would be the same process on a p-bass.

Strummerfan

I think you will have to get one made for that. A bit expensive for a Squire, but if you like the guitar enough, it's worth it.

wraub

your best bet is to probably get one made for a Fender, and adapt it. I'm not as familiar with the basses, but I've done this on a number of Strat copies. Aside from the occasional trimming around the neck pocket and the bridge, it's usually just a matter of plugging a few screw holes with toothpicks and redrilling them to match the Fender pickguard. I would assume it would be the same process on a p-bass.

I did this recently, fitting a 'guard made for US Fenders on to an Affinity P bass. Used a file and patience, sitting in front of the tv. Took about 10-15 minutes, fits great.

I may have to do the same with my new Strat.

Oinkus

I have done a lot of work on upgrading Squiers and it is really hit or miss on what hardware actually fits on them. They used to make the Squier Standard series that everything Fender fit. Affinity and Bullet models don't use the same hardware. Have to figure out how to make things work that don't fit and it is a major PITA and will take some skills. Good luck.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom