I know, I know - the Turbo Tuner is the best. But what are you actually using?

Which tuner do you use?

• Turbo Tuner

• Korg Pitchblack

• Boss Tu-x

• TC Polytune

• Other (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

fritferret

polytune: best there is, imo. people will tell you it gives you different readings if you use poly vs. ind. string modes. they're wrong and simply aren't using the pedal properly. strumming is different than striking ind. strings. we pick strings harder. that's why you can get diff readings on poly compared to ind. string mode. pedal works perfectly!

Steve Hotra

Gold Supporting Member
I own a Boss TU 3 and two Turbo Tuners ( one is a floor model)
I bought the 2nd TT for the preset tunings. Especially great with tuning a pedal steel guitar. They're all good. Also, I run my tuners out of the volume pedal tuner out.

aeroslepperin

never really thought of tuners in terms of there being a "best"... to me, they either work or they don't. so what am i missing? what makes one better than another???

i've only ever used a plain old boss tuner and i've never been out of tune or anything :aok.

pwrightmd

Gold Supporting Member
Korg DT10. It's older but it works just fine. I want a turbo tuner but keep buying other things instead.

udi9

Turbo Tuner.
but I've used a Boss TU-12 for almost 20 years and it was (and still is) great.

SteveO

never really thought of tuners in terms of there being a "best"... to me, they either work or they don't. so what am i missing? what makes one better than another???

i've only ever used a plain old boss tuner and i've never been out of tune or anything :aok.
The main considerations are how well it tracks a note, how accurate it is, and how easy to read the display is (especially if you plan on using it outdoors).

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Polytune on one board, and the Turbo Tuner on another board. They have both been accurate for me, so I have no hesitation using either one.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Have been using the Korg Pitchblack...but just got a Snark that has the potential of freeing the pedalboard space of a pedal tuner.

ruach1

Korg DT10. It's older but it works just fine. I want a turbo tuner but keep buying other things instead.
I recently upgraded from the DT10 to the Turbo. Better than a new dirt pedal! The TT is much more responsive, quicker. With the DT10 I never felt sure I was in tune. Great product.

teleclem

I've used the Boss Tu2, Polytune, and the pitcblack. I now use the Turbo Tuner. :aok I know some people hesitate because of the price. But sometimes, they can be had for cheap. But you have to be fast.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
Fender PT100 pedal tuner. It works fine, the bypass is not an issue. For $40, it's good enough for now.

guitarz1972

I use Pitchblack. Got it before TT came out or before I knew about it. PB works great, not worth it for me to reinvest.

Trending Topics