• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I know this guitar is way over the top...

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I was going to post something snarky, but then I realized, that, other than the purfling, I really like how that looks. I fear for my sanity :D

-Austin

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
It's a beautiful work of art. I too wonder how it plays and sounds. Too garish for me.

You know what would have been cool? No inlay on the fingerboard, a less figured top wood, but keep one of the dragons.

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
Whoa.... I just realized there is only one dragon. Make it smaller......

robbph37

I love guitars that catch someones eye! This one does. Stunning! It makes me wonder why so many artist use such plain guitars. People love to see things that they cant see everyday. Take Porter Wagoners cloths - Like him or not most poeple remember the threads he had.

MOJO

The only thing i don't like is the thick purfling that GMW tends to use on their Empire bodies and headstock, i much prefer the thinner purfling like Ron Thorn uses
....other then that i really like it...

Macaroni

That's an incredibly beautiful guitar! I know Lee's guitars and I'm sure it plays great too.

I have a custom Les Paul that Lee Garver (GMW) made for me 10 years ago, and it's my favorite guitar - plays, sounds and feels superb. I posted a few pics of it last year and Ron Thorn recognized the inlay work he had done on it. I had no idea he did that work on my guitar.

Bluedawg

I like it, although it looks like an add for the Kung Fu channel.

Now if I could get a "Zaotoichi, blind swordsman" version I'd consider getting one. :D

:BEER

sugarlou

If you were at the local open jam w/ that thing eveyone would mutter "douchebag" under their breath, at last I would..lol

Top Bottom