I know this might be hard for some TOOL fans to accept....

Arcadia

Supporting Member
You're about a year late on these opinions. I think it's a pretty good album. I don't like listening to the same things over and over again. Sometimes it's nice to throw something different on, and just listen to it cover to cover. I try not to always fall into the instant gratification trap with music.

deceased

Used to be really into Tool. Saw them twice which wasn’t cheap, haha. Danny Carrey is a great drummer, but I wouldn’t say he’s much better, if at all, than a lot of drummers in extreme metal genres. I’d put the drummer of Demilich against him any day.

I think Tool is overrated and the band themselves are very pretentious and cocky about how sycophantic their fan base is. Probably the fact that Maynard is such a d!ck is why I really don’t like them these days. He thinks his fans are idiots, and whether I agree or not, I consider that to be absurd for someone who got rich from them to lack humility to such a degree. It undermines their whole “woke” message.

They’re like commercialized alt rock metal for those who want to feel enlightened.

DewieCox

Supporting Member
You're about a year late on these opinions. I think it's a pretty good album. I don't like listening to the same things over and over again. Sometimes it's nice to throw something different on, and just listen to it cover to cover. I try not to always fall into the instant gratification trap with music.
So you dislike listening to the same thing over and over or like the last Tool album? Can’t be both.

whatizitman

Nah. I'm 49. A year is nothing to me now. The Pot is still a "new" TOOL song in my world. And it's not like TOOL releases albums every week. This will be the new TOOL album for quite a few more years.

I like it. Took a little time to grow on me. But's it good.

fool

Uncouth Savage
Silver Supporting Member
I only saw them live at Club Lingerie in the early 90's with RATM before they both broke big. You could tell then that both bands were going to be huge. At the time I was turned off to large arena shows so I never did see them live again.

Not sure how the last album could be considered an homage though you can hear the influence.

FokenBusker

I always thought it was cool that they worked closely with a visual artist to make their album covers and music videos. That's a level of attention to detail that is far too rare. It reminds me of Pink Floyd's relationship with hipgnosis, the company that designed most of their album covers.

Trending Topics