• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I like 1x10 combos, what's your favorite

mgarrison99

Gold Supporting Member
In the "non-boutique" arena, I like the little Fender Super Champ XD as well as the Mesa 5:25 Express. I saw Bruce Hughes in Austin playing a little Fender Pro Junior 1x10 with some keys, bass, and another guitar player, and it held its own no problem. Fabulous little combo but no bells and whistles on it whatsoever.

big jilm

Peavey Classic 20. Man, I hated the Classic 30, but tht little 1x10" Classic 20 was a fantastic amp!

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
PRRI for 1x10, Vibrolux Reverb for 2x10, VibroKing for 3x10, Tweed Bassman for 4x10.

I like Fender 10" combos... Like a lot.

bbutler123

I only know of 4 that would interest me.
Princeton Reverb (expensive even if used)- $700 used, at Guitar Center
It's a beautiful clean, but above 3 or 4 on the dial it gets really yukky, IMO.
Marshall Class 5- $500 new. Good amp. If it had a 12" I'd own one. :)
Fender Frontman- It's solid state, but if you want really inexpensive, it's a darn good Fender sound. $99 new. This amp also really stinks when turned above 3 or 4, but the clean is really sweet!
Fender Pro Jr.- I owned this amp with a 12" in it. The clean was good, and it got dirty real soon on the dial, and the dirty was great. If the 10" in it isn't very good, it might crap out when it starts to get dirty, I don't know. It's about $400 new.

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
Princeton Reverb. Every day of the week.

Except the ones I played a brownface Princeton or a black/silverface Princeton (for the cleeeeeans.)

The early Pro Jrs with tweed covering and the blue frame speaker are really awesome sounding amps. I'm also a big fan of blackface Vibro-Champs. And actually, the 80s Marshall Lead 12 is pretty cool for a solid state amp, as is the tweed Fender Bronco.

Pelagic

Silver Supporting Member
No competition among the 10s I've played...6G2 brown or transitional Princeton

Trending Topics

Top Bottom