I like digital delay better than analog delay- AND I'm old

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
Ok- before you roast me, you puritans you

1) I'm a true Mainer, my family has been here since before it was even a state, so that out flanks you. purists.

2) DMM is always my favorite, ever, close to my heart, best thing ever. I sleep with it every night. I have had it for longer than some of you have been alive. So, I get some props for that.

3) and here's where it gets real- digital delay is better... more clear. I already muddy everything up with all my nonsense fuzz and synth pedals and modulation gone wild ... I need some clarity in my life. Some focus. Digital delay grabs me and wraps me in its pristine arms and I feel lovely. Plus it goes backwards and has so many extra tricks... I like to learn from an effect... to be young again and to be humbled.

There is no 4 because that's bad luck in Japan and I'm not trying to mess with Boss, who makes killer delays.

Ok- kill me for this.

Last edited:

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
For me as well. Love digital delay over anything analog or the dreaded hissy Echoplex..and I use digital reverb over a good spring reverb...heavens..... everything else on my board (3 or 4 analog OD’s and boosts are pure analog, true bypass.. must be cause I live in Kittery in the Summer :)View media item 190515

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
I bet he's not a day over 48.

FFB : just load all your analog delays AND booze up and send it here. My sheep like a little hit o'the liquid heat on these freezing nights. and I can put those BBDs to good use.

;)

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
I bet he's not a day over 48.

FFB : just load all your analog delays AND booze up and send it here. My sheep like a little hit o'the liquid heat on these freezing nights. and I can put those BBDs to good use.

;)
I actually don't drink booze, I just have big fingers and you will never get my delays you ltiile scamp; but I will come visit France and have some amazing meal with you and we will fall in love, despite the odds,, and be swept away... oh my god... I think its true.

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Silver Supporting Member
I just bought a Mr. Black mini Echo Delay.
I like it.
It's...
pretty...
cool...
:D

I am not olf duckers

Last edited:

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
You post on TGP. You wouldn't be here if you weren't old.
Oh man- You dont know what relief is to see you again after your beautiful ( but Beckett like poem) - I felt you Malloy-ed me hard, and loved it....hahaha... I'm really only 44... so, Kinda old. Or REALLY old; depending.

I like your vibe and I know I'm a hard pill to swallow. There is a sarcasm to much of my content that is hard to translate only in reading.

^ even that is so dry and a joke/ yet not.

Trending Topics