I like PHISH now!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Spellbound, Dec 5, 2019.

1. diego.fresh

diego.fresh Member

Just put in for Hershey and AC tickets! Also my wife has a work connection to get tickets for Arkansas show in Box seats! Gonna be a fun summer

Madrone likes this.
  2. Duffy Pratt

Duffy Pratt Member

Dead’s lyrics are great but you ain’t gonna learn what you don’t want to know...

3. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

Jealous, that was a great set list, hope to get many of those tomorrow night. The Tweezer/Bomb Factory bit was pretty cool and funny.

4. Jason UP

Jason UP Supporting Member

Ha that is hilarious. I know it's been addressed....but, dude....seriously? :facepalm

Dig the avatar pic....Hampton's right down the road from me....epic shows for years and yep one of their fave venues. Seen 'em there numerous times. And as a Dead and Phish fan, they are indeed thankfully incomparable. Yes, Phish's lyrics are fantastical and sometimes silly, but that's all part of the fun. They're often based on poems and characters their friends made up, gave to the band, and they just ran with it. I'd say start with Picture of Nectar....very approachable. Then Rift to stay in that lane, then go back to Junta and any of the live recordings Apple Music has to offer....there's plenty to keep you busy! Then, yeah, Lawn Boy :D. Then go back beyond Rift and work towards today. I'm a lesser fan of their "mainstream" stuff to be honest like Down With Disease, but whatever it's all good.

5. SealCove

SealCove Supporting Member

Very late to the thread, but just a contrary opinion. I have never been particularly interested in Phish or any jam band type deals. A friend got tickets to a show last summer and I went along. The entire show was incredibly tight and with great sound. Not really my general taste, but they were playing some very intricate music and doing it very well. They may not be my cup of tea, but they have my respect.

Madrone likes this.
  6. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

Trey is a monster player and a gifted composer

I tend to enjoy the more proggy Phish, i.e. Junta

Zappatalist likes this.
  7. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

diego.fresh, cutaway and mc5nrg like this.