• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I like the Fender Bassbreaker 15

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
I agree, great amp, but only the 15, at least to my ears and taste.
A el84 offering, with by far the best OD I've ever heard on a Fender.
And yes if they made it channel switchable, they would sell millions of them.

Reactions: Rod

illini

Not so fast. I could never get a great clean Fender tone out of it. But the gain is sexy.
The clean channel is good but not great. Not up to my expectations on a Fender amp, but I could use it in a live setting without being distracted.

From what I understand, it's not meant to be the usual Fender clean/sound but rather a more Marshall-y sound. I really like mine.

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
I really like my 15 combo so far. And oddly enough the two things I like most about it is that it isn't a channel switcher and it doesn't have that typical fender clean (if by fender clean you mean the black/silver era clean). Would not have spent the money on it if it had either of those two things.

It takes pedals well, but doesn't need them. It's portable. The controls all work great. It has a nice cabinet. It doesn't have a crappy speaker in it. The effects loop works well. It's not noisy. It didn't cost a lot. If it proves to be reliable over the years, I'm into it.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I will be buying a BB15 when they hit the used market. The amp has some killer OD tones... Amazing with a P90 guitar!

Reactions: Rod

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
Lol! I played two 6v6 powered 30 watt Laney AOR amps for years.I really loved them and rarely used anything else live. Other geetar players loved to tell me how they sounded " boxy" ( WTF does that mean?) / "thin"/ "crunchy"/"stinky"/"poopy"/"not as good a POS Rocktron Chameleon"/ etc...etc...

funny thing is all during the time I used them I was out playing making a damn good living with those amps while these other guys rarely played out because the venues " sucked"/ " choked"/ " blew"/ "blows"/ etc...and of course they could not keep a band together or be a decent band mate either lol!

I have demoed and heard others play these inexpensive killer Marshally Fender amps although I do not own one of these Ball Breakers.I have read so much negative crap about them I know they are good.

Guitar amp critics are like movie critics. They have to be critical to justify their existence.

" Blank" The Music Police.Tired of their BS
What have you read bad about the breaker? Just curious. I actually bought the amp without knowing much about it or having read a bunch of reviews. Now I'm curious what's being said. I hope it's a successful product for Fender and for me!

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
I'd grab one and be willing to pay a little more if it had spring reverb instead of digital. I still may grab one when people start selling their mint 2 months old only used for recording in smoke pet free home studio BB15 combo.

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
I'd grab one and be willing to pay a little more if it had spring reverb instead of digital. I still may grab one when people start selling their mint 2 months old only used for recording in smoke pet free home studio BB15 combo.
This is a valid point if you're a spring reverb guy. I don't care for onboard digital reverb on amps (I had a Marshall dsl that was even worse) and the one on the BB is no exception. In today's market with so many good pedal reverbs, why even bother? I'm not usually a spring reverb guy so I prefer no reverb at all. Mine is off all the time and I run a Nemesis and H9 in the loop.

honeyiscool

Why are they so heavy? low grade cement?
40 pounds for a 15 watt amp is actually pretty standard. An AC15 is about 48. A DSC15C is about 37. It's more that some Fender amps are unusually light so people might have gotten unrealistic expectations for amp weight, but I think 40 pounds for 15 watt combo isn't absurdly heavy.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
It's a cool amp. I compared it directly to the Friedman Pink Taco.
The Fender was a bit noisier and not as loud, but otherwise stood up really well to the PT.
The Fender seemed warmer, PT more rockin.
If time proves the Fender to be of good build quality, I'd say it's a great bang for buck amp.

I bought mine after only reading a few reviews and actually passed by it several times at GC as I thought it was a bass amp. Yeah, I know. I used to play a Marshall JMP 4 x 12 back in the day but couldn't fall in love with the newer combo models (DSL40, etc.) and was getting frustrated not being able to find something close to that sound in my head. While playing some amps at GC, I discovered the BB15 actually was a guitar amp and the first time I played it, I knew it was the one. Although the gain is pretty good, I actually prefer using pedals for OD and keeping the amp fairly clean in the middle gain stage. I don't really have anything bad to say about this amp (other than they could've picked a better name... ;)

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I had a gift certificate to GC and tried the BB007. Wow, I thought it sounded terrible. Even the guy selling it thought so. I may have to try the BB15, but I don't really need anymore gear.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom