• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I listened almost 200 albums in last 2 months and...

Adolf

Of many different genres, both in English and Spanish.

Radiohead, Television, Muse, Oasis, King Crimson, Metallica, Portishead, Morcheeba, Galaxie 500, Rush, LZ, The Sundays, Cocteau Twins, The Pogues, New Order...

I did a count of the albums and it was around 170 in a month and a half, that is about 4 albums a day and the entire discography of 6 bands

No band has hooked me like The Cranberries did 17 or 18 years ago, when I bought my first album. Maybe they are not the greatest musicians, but their music is part of me and I would die if I couldn't listening to them.

Adolf

Probably because you didn't had instant access to 200 albuns at the time.
You were also younger and probably at a certain point in your life where some stuff hits you on a different way.
Dolores's voice acts like morphine, and creates the same addiction. In addition, I love the music of The Cranberries, it shows in every moment of the discography their state of mind

Adolf

The Cranberries at the 9:30 Club in DC around 2009 or so is still one of if not the best live show I’ve ever seen.
I love reading that. I imagine they had to rehearse a lot, because from 2003 to 2009 The Cranberries were dissolved, and possibly that show was the first since 2003...

tapeworm

I love reading that. I imagine they had to rehearse a lot, because from 2003 to 2009 The Cranberries were dissolved, and possibly that show was the first since 2003...
Looking back through my email looks like it was Monday May 14, 2012. They were on fire that night for sure.

TwoHandsTenThumbs

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not sure what I would be listening to if Black Sabbath hadn't almost single-handedly created Heavy Metal.
I suppose you would be listening to whatever music similarly resonated with your tastes and sensibilities. That it happened to be Black Sabbath is largely a matter of cultural and historic happenstance. That doesn’t mean your joy or happiness with regard to Sabbath aren’t real, just that under different prevailing circumstances, that spot could well be occupied by _______.

Or a REAL Heavy Metal band.

Just teasing…

Adolf

Well at least you didn't waste any time with an off the wall question before getting to the Cranberries this time.
I have always listened to a great variety of music, but for 10 years I have mainly listened to rock from the 70s and 90s. For me they are the band of my life, and when I listen to them I feel something very special. I love that band's music, I love it to the last drop of my blood

Trending Topics

Top Bottom