• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

I lost my vocalist/co-writer to OnlyFans

EpicEsquire

Prior to COVID wreaking havoc on the world, I had found and started collaborating on writing original songs (sort of electronic music fused with guitar) with a woman I met on Instagram

She posted guitar covers of Broadway musical classics and wrote her own originals

She was seeking someone who could write/produce electronic style music and lived here in NY

Though we never met, we collaborated remotely and had worked on numerous musical ideas over the course of a couple of months - things were looking good as she could really sing and had some connections in the NYC music scene due to her appearances in various Broadway shows (she was not a lead, just in the chorus)

Back in May, she told me she was excited about taking this online pole dancing fitness class and she even ordered a pole for her living room

I half-jokingly said to her that she would soon forget all about songwriting and become a full-time pole dancer - she laughed

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when she called to tell me she "needed a break" from songwriting
No problem, we all need a break

She then started posting pole dancing videos and, just yesterday, she posted a link to her new OnlyFans account where she posts "erotic" photos for her fans

Time to start the search for a vocalist/collaborator again

What are your best/worst stories of losing a songwriting partner?

amstrtatnut

Prior to COVID wreaking havoc on the world, I had found and started collaborating on writing original songs (sort of electronic music fused with guitar) with a woman I met on Instagram

She posted guitar covers of Broadway musical classics and wrote her own originals

She was seeking someone who could write/produce electronic style music and lived here in NY

Though we never met, we collaborated remotely and had worked on numerous musical ideas over the course of a couple of months - things were looking good as she could really sing and had some connections in the NYC music scene due to her appearances in various Broadway shows (she was not a lead, just in the chorus)

Back in May, she told me she was excited about taking this online pole dancing fitness class and she even ordered a pole for her living room

I half-jokingly said to her that she would soon forget all about songwriting and become a full-time pole dancer - she laughed

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when she called to tell me she "needed a break" from songwriting
No problem, we all need a break

She then started posting pole dancing videos and, just yesterday, she posted a link to her new OnlyFans account where she posts "erotic" photos for her fans

Time to start the search for a vocalist/collaborator again

What are your best/worst stories of losing a songwriting partner?
Unreal. Surreal.

On the other hand, she probably makes decent money. Become a fan and see what the fuss is about.

EpicEsquire

This thread is worthless without links to her songs.
Ummm...yeah. Let's hear, the songs.
Oh, you went in a different direction than I expected but, out of respect for her privacy, I will not post songs or links to her OnlyFans

Also, I am going to be using the music I wrote for those songs when I find a new vocalist and will not use the melodies she came up with

scelerat

Gold Supporting Member
Hey if you can capitalize on your youth and god-given assets, more power to ya. Just don't bank on it always being there.

I've lost musician friends to drugs and mental illness.

"Losing" one to a career change that is, frankly, comfortably adjacent to music in many ways and still in the realm of entertainment, doesn't seem like a huge loss. If you are still friends, ask if you can collaborate. And no I don't mean "hur hur hur collaborate" -- maybe there are creative ways you can work each others' craft into something that is unique or at least unusual.

I did some original music for a friend's modeling/fashion video recently and that was a lot of fun.

Trending Topics