i love my blueridge

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by noodle_world, May 19, 2005.

1. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

i love my blueridge. it was on a budget and it sounds sweet. i own 3 martins and 2 taylors. this hangs with them. :dude

any other blueridge players out there?

2. floobeedust

floobeedust Member

I am thinking of buying one blind over the net, probably a 283..where did you score yours ?

3. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

i bought mine off ebay. it was a br163 w/fishman pickup for like 500 shipped. sounded better than my Martin DM i got for 500.

:dude

4. Bluzsteel

Bluzsteel Member

Great guitars , I have a 163

5. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

I`m curious about the buzz on these . I`ve never played one (yet) but the first thing that comes to mind ......How`s the consistency from one to another ? Has anyone actually chosen one out of a few ?AND if so, were
    they similar enough for a blind purchase off the net?? Dogs are great as pets....thanks

6. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

consistancy is awesome. i've bought 7blueridges total for me and my friends

i personally own a br163 - indian rosewood om size, a br73 - dreadnought size brazillian rose wood. both very nice guitars.

my friends have the 183,163,and 73. all love their guitars. You cant even buy the wood and abalone for that price.

hope that helps.

noodle=

7. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

thanks noodle for the vote of confidence ....hey wait a minute .....hmmm?
    chinese guitar?.....heavily touted by some one named noodle?...hmmmm?
    could it be? ......NAH ...just a joke .....don`t bounce me , I just got here.
    Peace, Paul

8. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

haha

rock on paul.

btw. im paul too.

:dude

9. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

i had no problems with any of the frets. the blueridge is supposed to be copies of vintage martins.

10. chipdog

chipdog Member

I bought a new BR-263 "Pre-War" Brazilian Rosewood Blueridge this year (paid ~$1500. online for it). It is a wonderful instrument. The playability is amazing and the sound is so full and rich. It is the 000 size and shape, but projects extremely well and has excellent, balanced tone (better than any Martin Clapton Model I've played). I also don't think I've played a better acoustic neck and I've owned high end Goodalls, Breedloves, Martins and currently own a Taylor PS15. My only complaint is that the angle of the strings as they pass over the nut and attach to the string posts is somewhat sharp. I rarely break strings on my other guitars, but have broken several high-E's on the BR in a few months. 'Course I play it every day and like to alter the tuning on it frequently. Anyway, I know $1500 seems like alot of money for a Chinese guitar, but I think it was a heck of a bargain. Oh, and the back and sides are really beautiful cosmetically as well.

11. srepetto

srepetto Member

Beware, I bought one from Online Guitar last Sept and last month it developed a large crack from the bridge to the binding nr the endpin. Upon discussion with my luthier, he felt the crack was due to a green top.....see the following at the BR forum

http://p214.ezboard.com/ftheunofficialblueridgeguitarforum18213frm7.showMessage?topicID=264.topic

http://p214.ezboard.com/ftheunofficialblueridgeguitarforum18213frm7.showMessage?topicID=176.topic

other than that I really liked the guit. What do ya want for $500?

12. sonicparke

sonicparke Member

I bought a Blueridge in '93 (maybe '94). I think it is a BR10. I can't remember. It was very plaing looking. Not at all like they are now. Extremely basic with the "Blueridge" logo in gold lettering on the headstock. Sounded great but it was very rough around the edges. I think they were still made in the US back then but I'm really not sure. It was definitely rough though. It had rasp marks from carving the neck near the headstock. They just didn't bother to sand them out before they finished it. I loved that guitar though. When I got my Taylor I gave the Blueridge to my brother. Neither one of us took very good care of it so now the top is caving in under the fretboard. I might get it back from him someday and have it repaired if it can be. I paid $500 for it back then and it was worth every penny. I couldn't find a better guitar for that kinda money.