• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I Love My Budda II: Purple Returns...

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Good to hear. Jeff is a good guy. He has nothing to do with Budda now, but he seems to still support the amps if he can.
Yeah, I had him sign mine since it's a Pre-Peavey.
I wouldn't have asked if it was a current Peavey model.

His amp repair business is still going strong.
Shipping the chassis (with no tubes) was only about $15 bucks.
It's worth it to know that one of the best amp guys out there is doing the work.

Apparently he'll work on any brand: http://www.jeffbober.com/

Yeah, I had him sign mine since it's a Pre-Peavey.
I wouldn't have asked if it was a current Peavey model.

His amp repair business is still going strong.
Shipping the chassis (with no tubes) was only about $15 bucks.
It's worth it to know that one of the best amp guys out there is doing the work.

Apparently he'll work on any brand: http://www.jeffbober.com/
Cool! Jeff will give out advise on tubes he prefers, help with the schematics of the Budda's if you ask, he just seems like a helpful guy. Glad to hear he's making some money on it as well.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
While Jeff had it I asked him if he wouldn't mind signing the back of the chassis for me.
He gladly obliged.

Pics:

That is too cool! I went down to Jeff's shop once waaay back in the day when he was outside of Baltimore to service my Verbmaster. Where is he now?

I went with a Twinmaster. Haven't gigged or rehearsed it yet....but I'm digging it so far! The high gain channel will be good in the studio but I imagine I'll live on the low gain input and use my pedalboard for a few extra sounds.

Thanks for the recommendations

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Dang, I'm gassing hard for an SD18II but have not found one in a respectable used price range. It's as if the day I start looking for an amp the used selling prices skyrocket lol!

LesPaulPlayer

I went with a Twinmaster. Haven't gigged or rehearsed it yet....but I'm digging it so far! The high gain channel will be good in the studio but I imagine I'll live on the low gain input and use my pedalboard for a few extra sounds.

Thanks for the recommendations
If it's anything like my "vintage" Twinmaster, you're going to love the reactive compression the High Gain input has when cranked with a Les Paul! Nothing else like it!

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
That is too cool! I went down to Jeff's shop once waaay back in the day when he was outside of Baltimore to service my Verbmaster. Where is he now?
He's in Pasadena MD.
I'm so glad to find out he's still doing repair work.
All of my Buddas will go to him for any repair/service/mods.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Dang, I'm gassing hard for an SD18II but have not found one in a respectable used price range. It's as if the day I start looking for an amp the used selling prices skyrocket lol!
Hmmm.
I may be selling one of mine but only after I find a Splawn SuperSport.
I currently have three SuperDrives and would like to have some different in the mix.

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
Be patient. I got a great deal on my SD18II head. The amp was virtually brand new. The Budda's are one of the best values in the used market.

If it's anything like my "vintage" Twinmaster, you're going to love the reactive compression the High Gain input has when cranked with a Les Paul! Nothing else like it!
Yeah I can tell the hi gain channel is rocking....haven't had a chance to really crank it....also can tell the speaker needs a little mileage on it to break in. It's a little hissy but I'm sure that comes with the circuit..it's running really hot even on the low gain channel.

This is a Peavey built Twinmaster. I can tell you it is built very well. It's lightweight but solid and even shipped with a slip cover which I wasn't expecting. I'd say the build quality is on the level with most any boutique brands priced higher...I like that. I think I'm going to really enjoy this for a manageable grab and go combo plus a secret weapon for recording high gain.

mix2much

The Peavey built Buddas are no joke. From the pre vs post peavey shootouts I've heard they seem to stand up well.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Just did my first gig with my SD30 after having it modded with a half power switch.

My cover band plays a lot of smaller honky tonk bars and we played a new place last night that had the band in room that was smaller than a 7-11.

I normally would use my SD18 combo and probably get the master up to the 8:00 position for room this size.

With the SD30 combo in half power mode (actually around 12 watts per Jeff Bober) I had the MV up to around 10:00.
This definitely drove the tubes harder as I had to turn the gain down to around 10:00 on the drive channel.

Amp sounded KILLER all night long.

I'm really liking the half power mod.
Very handy feature.

thechamp

I tried running my SD 18 with Bass and Middle on 10 and Treble on 0. I really like the result. Give this a go and gimme your review. The amp sounds a lot bigger and I still cut through.

XmasTree

I have a pristine SD18II head i'm looking to part with.
original box and everything
I will PM you.

Twangmaster

Gig number... I dunno, I lost count, last night with my SDII 30. This thing still continues to impress me. Don't be afraid of the PV Buddas, this is easily the best piece I've ever owned.

Classic09

So I played my SD45 at practise last night and for the dirt it absolutely rocked. It sat right in the mix and sounded exactly as I wanted it.

The clean is where this amp suffers. Granted I've been spoiled by the Bogner Shiva but the clean is not as exciting with the gain channel setup. It has a tendency to be muddy/dirty instead of pristine.

For a rock amp where cleans are so required the amp is one of the best. For a versatile setup, it's not quite there. Amazing amp though.

Trending Topics