• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I Love My Budda II: Purple Returns...

fabien

Last week at band practice I took my Budda SD18 head with 1x12" G12H30 cab instead of my Ceriatone OTS ET65/G12-65 to see how it would fit. It's a fusion band so the D style OTS is the obvious choice.
Guitar where Suhr Pro Serie S1 (H/S/S) and custom made set neck H/S/H.

The Budda sounded awesome in that context especially the lead tones on the overdrive channel. I was sometimes missing the fender cleans you obviously get from the OTS for some funky comping but nothing dramatic. The dynamic of the amp pushed at band level is very addictive, and the rudeness of the Budda is a nice chage to the politeness of the D style.

It threatens to become my nr 1 amp!!!

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
Last week at band practice I took my Budda SD18 head with 1x12" G12H30 cab instead of my Ceriatone OTS ET65/G12-65 to see how it would fit. It's a fusion band so the D style OTS is the obvious choice.
Guitar where Suhr Pro Serie S1 (H/S/S) and custom made set neck H/S/H.

The Budda sounded awesome in that context especially the lead tones on the overdrive channel. I was sometimes missing the fender cleans you obviously get from the OTS for some funky comping but nothing dramatic. The dynamic of the amp pushed at band level is very addictive, and the rudeness of the Budda is a nice chage to the politeness of the D style.

It threatens to become my nr 1 amp!!!
I can see that, we only do one song in our set a night that has funk in it and that is the only time the Budda isn't perfect. It works but obviously something totally clean is better. The rest of the night however is always pure bliss :)

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Finally got the SD18II and I'm head over heals. Perfect cover band combo amp IMHO, especially for someone with rock lineage like myself. I have an ET-65 which I may swap in just to test, but I'll never sell the Phat, it's cool. I could even see dropping in a cream back, even gold in this thing just for new textures. Great AMP!

ford

Modz
Staff member
I don't have it anymore.... and I sometimes miss it... but man.. my Budda SD30 Series I head was awesome... played many awesome shows with it.

boltino

Silver Supporting Member
I know there's not a lot of clips in this thread so I thought I'd add this video. My church did a throwback service where we played a bunch of old songs, one of those being "Shine" by Collective Soul (it starts at 7:10 in the video).

http://vimeo.com/105704053#t=433s

I used a Budda SD18 through a Budda 1X12 with a Weber Ceramic Blue Dog miced with an SM57. The rhythm tone is the Budda Drive Channel. I goosed it with a Tim for the heavy riffs and used a Pork Loin (with the Tim off) for the lead. The other guitarist used an SD18 boosted with a Timmy.

caseygree

Silver Supporting Member
Nice clip. And I agree, there are not enough clips in this thread!
Anyone else have any sounds to share? Would love to hear some more of peoples favorite tones.

I never reported back after using my Twinmaster but it worked great at a Bluebird Cafe gig a couple months back where I needed to keep volume in check. I also brought it in the studio last week and was really pleased. I'm running the normal input around 9-10 o' clock and its great, mostly clean and takes pedals well. It sounds larger than it is even at lower volumes...not boxy. Ill get around to cranking up the high gain input someday... Great amp!

kikkan

Hi there!
I`ve got a Verbmaster that i use alot both live and in the studio.

What input do you guys prefer? Normal or High gain (Its the same on the Twinmasters, right?)

I`m trying to find out when its from.. The serial number is VMF-0071.. Can anybody help me with that one?

Great to see/read other who loves the budda`s!
C.

LesPaulPlayer

Hi there!
I`ve got a Verbmaster that i use alot both live and in the studio.

What input do you guys prefer? Normal or High gain (Its the same on the Twinmasters, right?)

I`m trying to find out when its from.. The serial number is VMF-0071.. Can anybody help me with that one?

Great to see/read other who loves the budda`s!
C.
I have VMF-0081 and ordered it in late 2000 directly from Budda. Yours is obviously earlier but that should give you an idea.

Since I usually plug straight in with the exception of a wah occasionally, I plug into the High Gain input almost all the time with my VM and TM and use the guitar's volume control and pick attack to control my drive.

Last edited:
I know there's not a lot of clips in this thread so I thought I'd add this video. My church did a throwback service where we played a bunch of old songs, one of those being "Shine" by Collective Soul (it starts at 7:10 in the video).

I used a Budda SD18 through a Budda 1X12 with a Weber Ceramic Blue Dog miced with an SM57. The rhythm tone is the Budda Drive Channel. I goosed it with a Tim for the heavy riffs and used a Pork Loin (with the Tim off) for the lead. The other guitarist used an SD18 boosted with a Timmy.

Sounds great! I never cared much for that song until hearing your version.

fuzzyguitars

Silver Supporting Member
you can certainly hear the characteristic midrange of the budda line!

boltino

Silver Supporting Member
Good stuff!

Sounds great! I never cared much for that song until hearing your version.
Thanks guys. Certainly not my favorite song but it was fun to play. I've always wondered why the original version used that drum machine and sounded like a basement demo. It bothered me enough while working up the song that I researched it a bit. Apparently, the first Collective Soul album was just a basement demo that wasn't meant to be released. It started getting radio play so their label just pushed to release it instead of re-recording it. I kept joking with the drummer that he needed to play it like the recording. :messedup

you can certainly hear the characteristic midrange of the budda line!
Good point, and I meant to address this. Buddas definitely have a very pronounced midrange but it's somewhat exaggerated in this video for two reasons.

First, I dial it in to be more midrangey (and some additional low end is rolled off at the board) when we have a keys player to keep everything from getting muddy. When we have keys in the mix, my guitar frequency "space" shifts a bit since the keys, bass, and kick are competing for low end room. Without keys, I can emphasize more low mids.

Second, our record mix is just an aux mix that prints live so it's not remixed after the fact. Because of this, it's always set to be bass shy overall (to play it safe and keep the low end from getting out of hand). It definitely sounded fuller in my in-ears and in the room but it's still a midrangey tone. :aok

RoguePlayer

Frankly, I thought the tone was killer. Could have used a touch of processing to not sound so dry, but the base tone was great. Kinda makes me want to change out that speaker in mine.
I also didn't hate the electronic drums. I actually thought the whole thing sounded great including the BG vocals. Maybe not the "yeah" guy so much...lol....

Thanks guys. Certainly not my favorite song but it was fun to play. I've always wondered why the original version used that drum machine and sounded like a basement demo. It bothered me enough while working up the song that I researched it a bit. Apparently, the first Collective Soul album was just a basement demo that wasn't meant to be released. It started getting radio play so their label just pushed to release it instead of re-recording it. I kept joking with the drummer that he needed to play it like the recording. :messedup

Good point, and I meant to address this. Buddas definitely have a very pronounced midrange but it's somewhat exaggerated in this video for two reasons.

First, I dial it in to be more midrangey (and some additional low end is rolled off at the board) when we have a keys player to keep everything from getting muddy. When we have keys in the mix, my guitar frequency "space" shifts a bit since the keys, bass, and kick are competing for low end room. Without keys, I can emphasize more low mids.

Second, our record mix is just an aux mix that prints live so it's not remixed after the fact. Because of this, it's always set to be bass shy overall (to play it safe and keep the low end from getting out of hand). It definitely sounded fuller in my in-ears and in the room but it's still a midrangey tone. :aok

Classic09

I inadvertently ended up buying a Budda SD30 II this weekend. I wasn't planning to buy a new amp this weekend although had one in mind for a future purchase. No, beer wasn't involved and I wasn't actually directly involved in the purchase either.

A good friend of mine who is also a gear freak point out to me that the Budda was going for a steel on eBay. I registered my interest and said I'd ask some questions about it - just in case. We'll my friend decided to place a super cheeky offer which got accepted!!

I'm not sure he intended to have the offer accepted so offers me the chance to buy the amp instead. Well, the deal was FAR too good to refuse. Now I have a second Budda amp on its way to me!!!

Classic09

The SD30 arrived and its a great sounding amp. Now owning both the SD30 II and SD45 the 45 is my favourite but the 30 is an amazing amp.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
The SD30 arrived and its a great sounding amp. Now owning both the SD30 II and SD45 the 45 is my favourite but the 30 is an amazing amp.
Congrats.

IMO the SD30 is the perfect amp.
Lightweight for easy transport and can handle the smallest clubs but has enough power to play an outdoor festival gig.

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats.

IMO the SD30 is the perfect amp.
Lightweight for easy transport and can handle the smallest clubs but has enough power to play an outdoor festival gig.
Exactly, the lightweight part is something I am more and more in love with the longer I have it.

Trending Topics