I LOVE my Dabeck

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by chubbywolf, Oct 18, 2005.

1. chubbywolf

chubbywolf Member

Every time I play my Dabeck Custom 50 head, I am amazed at how good it sounds. I just rehearsed again last night with it and when it comes to tone, it KILLS every other amp I have owned, and believe me the list is long and expensive. It is a two channel 50watt head with two seperate tone-stacks. Each channel has two blendable gains and a master volume. Let me begin by saying it is very punchy and CLEAR, and by that I mean I can hear subtleties and harmonic "things" happening in chords that I dont hear with other amps. Even when my dabeck is very overdriven, it is articule....never muddled sounding. I am using it mainly with a Gibson 57 Goldtop reissue and an Orange 4x12 and it is simply GREAT. I own it though, so I can play it anytime. The less fortunate can contact Dabeck.

2. riffmeister

riffmeister Member

Sounds sweet. I know there are some other loyal Dabeck owners who post here.

3. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/107375

Just an early morning "kid," seriously, enjoy it in good health. :)

4. chubbywolf

chubbywolf Member

What are you a referencing Jon? There is a ton of stuff on that thread.

5. Mark Williams

Mark Williams Gold Supporting Member

..and you know I'm certainly one of them, Riff! I would say the same thing that Chubbywolf said above: Every time I play my Dabeck Custom 50 Head, I love it more! I can't wait for my new "Dual Personality" Dabeck Combo to arrive. It's already built & is going through the testing and tweaking phase with David & local musician/customers of his in the Dallas area.

6. wolfpack

wolfpack Supporting Member

Sounds interesting, can you give any details ?

7. Colt

Colt Member

MARK! is yours that tweed looking amp.....with bipolar disorder?? if so, SWEET.

8. Mark Williams

Yes, I believe that's mine!....a second Dabeck that I just described to David & he gave the creature LIFE!

9. Mark Williams

I think you're referring to the new one, Wolfpack--the Dual Personality, Tweed-looking one. I'll post the details and a review after I have it in my hands---which should be very soon. If you want to know about the Custom 50 Dabeck head I've owned for a while now, check the Harmony Central reviews or go to the Dabeck website, www.dabeckcustomamps.com, where you'll find a link to the reviews of my amp and other Dabecks.
    By the way, apparently Colt has already heard my new one & his words are positive about it--very positive!

10. Colt

Colt Member

I hope to hear it again on Tuesday....Spencer (my roomate) and I are going to talk to him about our amps. I'm going w/ his Fat 45...we have to do something about the wattage though like use older style transformers to bring it back to the 30 watt range like an old JTM45...because I plan on using it w/ a vox 2x12 cab w/ blues.....that cab just looks sooo pretty.

Spencer is going for a two channle switcher w/ verb.

We're excited as hell.

11. Mark Williams

...and I hope it's on the way to me not too long after Tuesday.....because I'm also as excited a hell.:D

12. CNOTE

CNOTE Member

Happy Holloween !!

So your saying that [Living with a creature with "Bi-Polar Disorder"] can be fun ?

What kind of tone did you and David decide on with the Wolfpack?

Mark, Thanks for the heads up on Dabeck a couple of months ago.

13. Colt

Colt Member

well, maybe it won't be there tueday then :-(

14. aroman

aroman Member

He is telling you that " no matter how much you like your Dabek you are going to end up selling it ".

15. Mark Williams

I've found that I can become surprisingly comfortable with psychosis, mania & depression--.....in music, in amplifiers & in general;) And, CNote, I wish I could say I came from Sugar Land, Texas!:cool: When I get my hands on this newest Dabeck, you'll hear from me....even if I am accused of spewing out "Dabeck SPAM."

16. tiltrite

tiltrite Member

the clips i've heard sound great. There is a sponginess and clarity that I really like. They have a nice hi-fi look to them, too.

17. Boleary2

Boleary2 Supporting Member

all of his stuff sounds killer..nicest guy you would ever want to meet as well.
    What is the dual personality he is doing? I would like to get him to build me something like the divided by 13 9-15