I love my Fulldrive 2 Mosfet...BUT....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nsriley, May 14, 2008.

1. nsriley

nsriley Member

I love my Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, at least the OD side of it.....I set it up in Comp-cut mode for a clean boost, which sounds awesome into any of my amps which are already overdriving. BUT when I step on the booster side it sustains more which is cool for solos, but also muddies my sound at the same time. I wished it was like the GT500 where you can switch whether the boost is before or after the OD. I wondered what a better setup might be? I LOVE the OD side of the FullDrive, I wished he made that as a stand alone, then I could get like an RC booster or something to put after it as boost. See what I mean? I wondered what might be better setup than the FD. Remember I have my amps already overdriving. I basically want to clean boost my amps and have a solo boost on top of all that which retains clarity, but adds sustain. Maybe my compressor I have could help me out........[​IMG]

2. StudioCat

StudioCat Member

The GT500 has a ton more gain than the FD2. I have both, plus an RC Boost at the end of the chain. Surprisingly, one of the sweetest sounds is the FD2 Overdrive > GT500 Distortion. It's a wall of Marshalls, and different than the OD of the GT500 into the Distortion, which I can't quite figure out. The OD side of the GT500 can be dialed into a sweet just breaking up gain sound that I can leave on for about half the songs we play. The RC Boost at the end of the chain is the one OD I could never live without. I never thought I needed it, until I got it. Now I can't live without it.

3. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

+1. That's exactly how I hear it too. I love the OD side of it but I almost never use the boost. I wish he made just the OD side of the pedal.

4. Jazzgear

Jazzgear Supporting Member

+2, my take as well:mad:

5. nsriley

nsriley Member

I guess what I need is a good clean boosting TS type pedal and a clean boost to go with it. I dunno.......

6. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

If Fulltone ever decides to package the boost side of the GT500 with the OD side of the FD2, he'd have a slam dunk.

I love and own both those pedals, and I'd STILL line up to buy a "Fulldrive 3", or whatever.......

7. nsriley

nsriley Member

Agree there! I actually just ordered one of these. To keep on a tight budget and might be just the ticket for what I want. MXR has never failed me with their products.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=264&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

8. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Another +1 on this. What an outstanding pedal that would be!