1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Love My Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Aug 8, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I was able to get a brand new Landgraff DO pedal from a fellow gearpage buddy (fast ricky love) thank you Rich.. This pedal is so much what I was looking for, it does have some kick to it, but it can get really dynamic at the same time.. Between this and my Klon I feel like I don't need anything else.. I do still use my Red Snapper, and Timmy... But the LDO is the best in my stable.. Thanks John Landgraff..

2. studio8000

studio8000 Member

cool to hear there's another satisfied Dynamic Overdrive user. i've been loving mine for several years. rock on!

3. Ogre

Ogre Member

It's been on my pedal board for 3 years. I don't usually care much for pedals, but this one works.

4. sparkle**

sparkle** Member

I must agree, I just got my DO...great pedal. The OCD was gone real quick after the DO arrived. It sounds great with the Klon hitting it for a lead boost.....

5. wax

wax Member

my Landgraff is perfect for me ...I've had it for about 2 years and haven't had the desire to search for any other OD....thankfully I can spend money on other cool pedals

6. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Your right, I don't think there is another overdrive that will beat this one.. Plain and simple, but I think what helps is having the Timmy, and Red Snapper, and LDO, and you have any overdrive sound you need.. But I will say that I haven't been clicking on the Red, or the Timmy latley because the LDO is sooo sweet, and smooth..

7. sparkle**

sparkle** Member

What settings is everyone using...?

I have had mine a few days and using it into a "clean" sound Marshall, so It is:

Switch up
    gain 3 oclock
    Volume 10 oclock
    tone 12 or 1 oclock

8. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Thats pretty much what I've been using.. Switch up,Gain between 1:00 and 3:00, tone at 1:00, and volume at 12:00 or higher, into a clean marshall, or Fender Blackface.. You can get the JCM 800 crunch from this pedal with no problems..

9. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

I use mine to give my amp more guts. Gain - 10 o'clock, tone - noon, Vol - noon. Switch in the middle. This is a really dynamic setting. It cleans up nicely and roars when you need it.

John

10. sparkle**

sparkle** Member

The middle is a huge jump in volume...What amp do you use

11. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

Gibson GoldTone GA-30RVS. It's EL84 based class A with stereo 15 w power amps. Not much for a preamp, just gain/boost and tone. It broke up pretty quickly with the original 12AX7 so I put in a 12AU7 to get more head room. Now I can get really punchy cleans with a TonePress and RC Booster.

Add the RC booster to the LDO for the best AC30-ish clean-to-crunch I've ever heard.

To go over the top, add a BB preamp to the LDO. Excellent Cranked Marshall.

John

12. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

I think you may also need a good fuzz pedal to fatten things up sometimes. The Black Cat freddyfuzz (od-1) is great in that respect.

13. GuitarG

GuitarG Member

That is a good sound. I'm normally running mine into non-master tube amps that are set where they are just starting to break up. My Landgraff settings are:
    Switch: Up
    Gain: 10:00
    Tone: 2:00
    Vol: 10-11:00
    If I'm running into a clean amp my gain settings will be closer to 1:00 with the volume set a bit lower.
    In front of the Landgraff I use a McFuzz hybrid Hot set with the gain @ about 1:00 for an occasional boost. Works great.

14. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

You're welcome Shane! Put a smile on my face that you're as happy as you are. :)

15. 10strings

10strings Member

What the current word on the Landgraffs? Anyone still using them?

16. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I sold my last one about two years ago. It was the best overdrive I've had, it just represented too much money in one pedal for me. The last one I owned had a special sound that worked everywhere. I do miss that DO. I sold that and my MoD at about the same time. They were pricey, but they were eq'd to work wonderfully in any situation.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  17. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

Wow, way to revive a super old thread!

Isn't the Rockbox a Landgraff DO clone?

18. Seegs

Seegs Member

Nope...using a real 80€ Rat and no tubescreamer :D

Chow,
    Seegs

19. 10strings

10strings Member

Awesome, I have a Plimsoul that is very Ratish...

Used to be a very sought after pedal. But I almost never see them anymore... Thanks