I Love My New Small Megavibe!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Oct 13, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I got to play it tonight in practice, and I'm so blown away by the openess that it has, and headroom.. This is the closest a vibe has got to a leisley speaker.. Also I have been using the Megavibe at the end of the chain, after all the overdrives and boost pedals and it sound awsome this way, and there is not distortion.. What a great pedal, I have found the one for me.. Somone give me a amen!!

2. cerebralpaul

cerebralpaul Member

One question- is there a wait time? :cool:

3. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

From when I put my order in on the website, to when I revieved it, it was like two weeks.. I think how he does it is, he will make say four units, and while he is making these four, he will list on his site four units in stock, which is the units he is working on.. Let me tell you there is no better vibe out there.. I canot explain why, but it is amazing.. And the Megavibe does the Rotating Speaker better than all the other vibes I've tried also...

It's 6:00 AM before work, and I just plugged in my new Megavibe and it blows me away every singal time.. IT has a very cristal clear sound that makes it so speacial.. The notes don't distort when you hit them hard like other vibes.. I wish the other maker would just go back to the higher voltage because maybe thats why this one sounds so good...

4. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

Amersfoort, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Europ
    Can you make a sample, next to a Dejavibe for example.
    So we can hear the difference? That would be great.:)

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I got rid of the Deja-Vibe a long time ago.. I only have the Mojovibe to compair it to.. I don't have any equiptment to do sound samples with at the present time.. Some other people are just going to have to chime in that have the Megavibe, and help out.. This pedal will blow you away.. And it's not limited like the other vibe pedals out there that say (You have to run your overdrive after your Vibe) or it won't sound right... This vibe has a very open sound to it.. Like when you turn the Intensity down, the signal does not get thin, like the deja, or the mojo... I"m telling this is the best one out there. IMO

6. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

What males the small megavibe $130 better than the new Mofaux vibe?

7. Logan

Logan Supporting Member

Not to be-little Bob on the Mofaux but; time, research, components, manufacturing costs.... and the potential customer to hear the differences, nuances and justify the cost.

Not to mention I would imagine the two are completely different circuits?

One mans Mofaux is another mans Mega....

Of course I'll pass the specifics off to those that know.

8. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I just got my Mojo vibe, and I am SOOOOOO happy with it.
    I really am. I am getting EXACTLY the sound I wanted out of a vibe. I also have the Fulltone deja mini vibe, and I liked it a lot...but for me the Mojo vibe is IT....

Then I read this thread. By no means does it dampen my enthusiasm with the Mojo, I am one VERY happy customer.
    Still, there is nothing that says you only can have ONE vibe.

And you always ought to have a backup for your favorite effect...
    but I gotta say, I was infinitely impressed by the sound clips on the KR site. It's my birthday this weekend, and I think (damn you people...why did I have to read this thread?) (but thank you too!) I am just possibly going to have to spring for this one too...if my wife kept track of the amount of the same pedal type I have...."but honey, just LISTEN to the difference! I need them ALL!"

Really. I am getting the itch for that pedal. It seems like on the KR website they are saying they do not ship outside the US, so could I ask...you guys that own the pedal (I have to have it shipped to my dad in the US and ask him to reship it to me) I will have to end up buying my own Euopean power supply (240v) so I need to know...what IS the spec on the power supply? Is it 12V ac or dc? Any idea how much current (or just let me know what the current rating is on the one that ships with the pedal?)

I really would appreciate it...just to be sure I can get ahold of the right power supply.

9. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

One of the bigest defference is the Megavibe is that it has that clarity, and headroom, that all the other vibe replica's do not have.. You can actually run a overdrive or boost into it, they actually encurage it..Your guitar signal sounds better, and sweeter.. I can't put it into words, but every time I plug into it, I am so thankful that I have it.. And I will be getting a backup..

10. El Jimbo

El Jimbo Member

Any pics, links?

I'm happy with my Mojo, but it's still amusing to see what else is out there.

11. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

StompBoxBlues - I just went through the same thing.. I ordered a swirly Mojovibe and loved it, but then got intriged by the Megavibe small version.. You think right now that the Mojo is it, untill you try the Megavibe.. I thought the same thing, and as soon as I pluged in the Megavibe I knew It would replace the Mojovibe... Kevin Randall is the man.. The Megavibe doesn't have that phasy sound attached to it.. If you ever get one, you'll know what I'm talking about.. Plus it cuts through the mix like you wouldn't believe, my band mats noticed that right away..

12. johnny67

johnny67 Guest

Stompboxblus-The Megavibe power supply is 12v dc/200ma. 58lespaulman-Yes you are right about Kevin Randall-he doesn't make a vibe clone-the Megavibe IS A VIBE! Actually it sounds like a top notch sounding late 60's vibe! most people haven't heard a top notch sounding 60's uni-vibe-most late 60's vibes sounded okay but many sounded different due to part changes in production runs-Kevin Randall has repaired many originals & univibe variants like the reslytone RT-18 & jax vibra-chorus so Kevin knowns the original uni-vibe pedals as good if not better than anyone period-want proof?read the oct 2003 issue of Vintage Guitar magazine of their review article of KR's pedals with the headline:"Jimi Would love'Em!" Kevin has been able to take the sound of the original late 60's uni-vibe & put it 35 years into the future!!-also Kevin doesn't say his Megavibe is the best ,He doen't have to! the Megavibe speaks for itself!-there are people who have heard great sounding original vibes & say that no vibe pedal clone comes close to having the sound of the original...and now there's the Megavibe-yes it is the real authentic uni-vibe circuit but the Megavibe really does have the sound-the Megavibe is very transparent in tone-you can run a fuzz into it & it sounds killer-the best fuzz for the Megavibe is KR's Gypsy Fuzz-you can duplicate Jimi's star spangled banner & machine gun-Randy Hansen is!! The Megavibe is worth the wait as Kevin Randall makes each one right as his goal is to make pedals that honor Jimi's legacy!:dude

13. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

I've watched this long ebough and stayed out, but now I feel I have to say something here. I have worked on literally hundreds of originals Uni-Vibes and it has NOTHING to do with parts changes in production runs. What it does have to do with is part value drift, and caps drying up from age, and also the occasional dumb ass that tries to replace the bulb with an LED or the wrong ma. bulb.
    Why do I feel I should say something now?? Well because you two seem to be trying to convince one of my customers he made an inferior purchase by buying a Mojo Vibe. And that is a direct attack on me. Now I don't know much about the MegaVibe, but I do know that there are some great Vibes out there, Fulltone, Dave Fox and yes the Ultra and the Mojo Vibe ALL are authentic circuits that are comparable or exceed the originals tone. There's nothing wrong with promoting your favorite toys ( and we all have different and changing tastes), but somehow I feel you in particular have some vested interest in this. ALL your posts are on one subject. Now maybe you're just some crazed fan, or maybe just maybe.....naw, I won't go there.
    Now I don't want to try and stifle your enthusiasm but I do wish you would use better tact and/or taste when stating your opinion. And that's exactly what it is an opinion. And you know what they say about those...

14. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

Logan, you are right. It's not the same circuit and is not meant to compete with a full blown Vibe. At $150.00 list and the small size, there is NO WAY a real vibe circuit would fit in that. BUT, it does get VERY close to the real sound. It's meant for the person who can't justify the cost of a full vibe but still would like to have a close representation. Most guy's aren't playing Hendrix or Trower all night long and can't justify the cost for only a couple songs, and that makes sense.

15. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Hi Bob, not trying to turn anybody around, or promote anything.. I am pretty hyped about the Megavibe though, and I will state my opinion, or maybe I'll just keep it to myself for now on.. I think that the man made a awsome Univibe clone that seems to be made for me.. I also think you should try one, and maybe you'll see what I'm talking about.. I'm not a pedal maker or somone that promotes pedal, I just get hyped when a pedal really works for me, because I've spent thousands $ on pedals that I no longer have.. Look, I'm glad this guy likes the Mojovibe, and I also like your Mojovibe myself, but there was a couple things that bothered me also about it, one being headroom, the other being too phasy for my tast.. I tried running my acustic guitar through it, and it was too distorted, and even my Voodoo lab vibe did not do that..Look every Vibe thread is always centered around the Mojovibe, why cant there be one thread that says another vibe is good? I love your vibe still, and as a person I think your a good guy.. I'm not trying to sway the other guy to throw yours away, but just try the other vibe.. Sorry, if I came acrossed in that way.. I've never played a real vibe so I cant compair them, but I just really love my Megavibe..

16. JiMB

JiMB Member

17. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Well my Megavibe just passed the acustic guitar test, which is the pedal did not distort when playing through it.. When you turn the Intensity down on the Megavibe the signal does not get week and thin like some other vibes out there.. The Megavibe adds a nice roundess to the signal, and it can take a strong signal.. Like I said before, I feel for my tast alone this is the one for me..

18. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

Hey, 58Lpguy. where are you running the vibe in your chain?

19. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

With the Megavibe I can run it last, after boosts and overdrive pedals.. I also can do the standard before the overdrive.. But I have been doing the end of the chain right before the amp, because the Megavibe has that headroom to take a strong signal and spit it out the other end with no distortion at all.. In the past with the other three vibes that I have or had, I was confined to putting the vibe right before any overdrives, or boost pedals, but now the Megavibe came along and there is no restrictions with any of my pedals now..