I love my TIM so freakin much.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Jan 15, 2006.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

After having a Timmy, I reordered a Tim and a Timmy, and I'll tell ya the Tim is the only pedal I go to, and I don't even turn on the Timmy anymore. I'm still keeping the Timmy, but I love the Tim, it has the rythem sound going on, and then you kick on the boost and it puts you into the lead parts. It's sounds sooooooo Gooooood!!!! And the FX loop in freakin awesome, I can run a EQ in there and change the caractor of the Tim if I want..

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

2. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

I'm loving my new to me Timmy! I guess I'll have to see about getting a Tim.

3. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Just one more time, which is which? What again are the differences?

4. onemind

onemind Member

The Tim is in the large tall Hammond box, it adds the loop and the boost stage, The Timmy is in the smaller MXR sized box and has one gain stage. Both awesome but its versatility led me to keep the Tim over the Timmy.

Steve

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Thats right, it is that (If I could only take one pedal) pedal. It's the only one you need really and it sounds so sweet. I love the Zendrive also but I don't kick the ZD on that much because of the Tim. The boost stage is god sent, and thats what makes this pedal so versitile. I only really need the Tim for now on, but I've been setting the Timmy for a even lower gain like a clean boost. The Tim and Timmy do the clean boost better than most all clean boost I've heard..

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

6. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Okay thanks...all I have to remember then is Tim is a grown up name, and the pedal with the full funcionality, the Timmy is the kid, and has less features (but still is a chip off the old block)....

got it!

7. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

That is perfect. I've never heard anyone say it that good!

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

8. telebuck

telebuck Supporting Member

Have to concur... had a Tim, loved its clean boost, but sold it to by a Timmy thinking I could save some room on the pedalboard. Timmy was fine, but was no better than some other stuff I had (e.g., keely blues driver, cot50), so I sold Timmy and the BD-2 for a bunch of other stuff.

Now I wish I had my Tim back... but I do now have a Klon which has a killer clean boost, so I'll probably stay put.

Moral of the story... Tim is the way to go.

9. TimH

TimH Member

Shane,

Are any of the tracks on your website done with a Tim? If so, into what amp?

10. onemind

onemind Member

Although from what we've been told the chip in the "chip" can be changed. for versatility....'nuff said, they're both killer.

11. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Did you guys see the guy in the buy and sell wanting to trade both his Tim and Timmy for a Eternity. That is crazy, Why? I had all the so call best overdrives and now only will stay with the Tim, Timmy, and Zendrive. I wish I had a Eternity I would trade in a second. He He..

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

12. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

That would be a Gibson Les Paul into a Timmy, and Boss GE-7, into a Marshall JCM 800, and Marshall JMP, both 100 watt heads, with 4/12 cab with 25 watt celestrian speakers turned up to 10. Yeah baby I love hard rock.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

13. stratofied

stratofied Member

The Tim is definitely a keeper. The Eternity is a great pedal as well.

14. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Anyone tell me which, if either, is better suited for high gain tones?
    Or are they both mid/low gain pedals?

15. thebot

thebot Member

Hi, first post, can tell this place is going to be bad for my wallet! Any idea of the current waiting time for one of these pedals?

16. rabbit

rabbit Member

Hi Shane,

Got some question. I think you have/had a Menatone Red Snapper, right? How does it compare to the Tim/Timmy? If you still have one, how do the RS and Tim/Timmy work stacked.
    Have a RS as well and this might help to find out whether I should order a Tim or Timmy as well. Thank you very much!!!

Have fun with you new pedals!

17. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

How did the COT stack with Timmy? I'm waiting for my Timmy and am a proud owner of a COT 50.

18. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I very seldum stacked the Red Snapper and the Timmy, meaning I never turn them both on at the same time. But I do like the Red Snapper a lot..The Tim, Timmy, and Zendrive are on my board now, I don't need anymore than that.. I don't own any Lovepedals so I can't really coment on that one..

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

19. jockman

jockman Member

Just listened to the sound samples of the Red Snapper, that sounds wonderfull.

20. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Hey Shane, got a question...

I'm finding no problem just using the guitar volume to go from rhythm to lead using the Timmy, I just keep it on the whole time.

How would the lead tone differ from the Tim with both channels engaged? Fatter? Brighter? Not as bright? My worry is engaging the boost channel on the Tim will add brightness which I wouldn't want... True???