1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

I LOVE Pandora's Derek Truck Station!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by GAT, May 17, 2011.

1. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

This station plays everything I like! I play it in my office all day, what a great station!

2. brain21

brain21 Member

Who are some of the artists its pulling up. I would imagine the obvious - Allmans, possibly Widespread, Jazz is Dead, etc.

3. GAT

Tinsley Ellis, old BB King, Sonny Landreth, Tedeshi, and many others. Super cool eclectic mix.

4. brain21

brain21 Member

I'll add it in the morning. I have a really cool one called Heightened Awareness Radio. Its very odd. I believe I had Steve Vai radio and a Steve Morse song called Heightened Awareness came on. I decided to make it a station. NONE of the music on the stations sounds ANYTHING like Steve Morse. However, if you like funk like those instrumentals off of the Beastie Boy's "Check Your Head" album, that station is full of it. Very cool and interesting stuff!

The rest of my stuff is kinda "expected." Mahavishnu Radio, Steve Vai Radio, Megadeth Radio, Django Reinhardt Radio, Blind Lemon Jefferson Radio, Robert Johnson Radio, etc. No surprises on those stations. Interestingly enough I once tried to create Robben Ford radio and it had no info on the artist. Ditto with Lukather Radio and Landau radio.

5. GAT

Today they have played Cortez the Killer Live, Grace Potter, obscure Hendrix, and other cool tidbits!