• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I love the look of a Les Paul with the pickup covers on.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
I have my other one uncovered too, but it also looks good both ways. I like the Joe Perry aesthetic, and it's a JB/59 set, so it's kind of rock and roll to leave them uncovered.

I just can't get past how beautiful a honeyburst is with double cremes. I can't hide that light under a bushel basket.

This is the other one:

Strummerfan

I always liked the covers on when I had my custom. My buddy has opposite zebras, creme rings and selected tip, on a cherry 335, no pickgaurd. Looks good.

jvin248

Covers on humbuckers makes them more quiet when recording. So much modern gear like computers, monitors, wifi, and cell phones can find their way into the signal chain without them.

David Garner

Nothing wrong with mixing and matching
It's funny, when I took them off yesterday I took the neck cover off first and I found myself wishing I'd taken the bridge cover off instead just to get a glimpse of what it would look like. But it wasn't worth starting over, and I was going to take them off anyway, so I just plodded ahead.

Perfect Fifth of Whiskey

Silver Supporting Member
Always on and none o' that hinky hooey like turning them around so that they're wrong WRONG I SAY and you don't deserve the honor of TOUCHING a Les Paul. And don't get me started on the unforgiveable idiocy of mismatched knobs. Ahem....

David Garner

Always on and none o' that hinky hooey like turning them around so that they're wrong WRONG I SAY and you don't deserve the honor of TOUCHING a Les Paul. And don't get me started on the unforgiveable idiocy of mismatched knobs. Ahem....
Well done.

I actually had mismatched knobs on my other one for a bit, but it was because one of the tophats split because my dumb *** forgot to take the knob off before soldering, so I had 2 tophats and 2 speed knobs until the new tophats came in.

Trending Topics